• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IM ADDICTED TO THIS PLACE..

It's no different than any other shortage. Aside from the underlying problem of the actual shortage, people hoarding supplies are what makes it much worse. How many people out there rushed out and stocked up way more than they needed? Same with TP, same with gas, same thing every time it happens. People panic and hoard. I'd much rather someone motivated by profit offer what they bought or have to the market for sale rather than run out and hoard an excess.
Problem is,
I go to factories all over Ga and Fla. every factory is short handed. They have raw materials from what I’m seeing, but no one to produce, pack or ship products.
Im confident based on conversations I have with people in other fields that this is the main problem through out our country and in all fields.

Problem is,
I go to factories all over Ga and Fla. every factory is short handed. They have raw materials from what I’m seeing, but no one to produce, pack or ship products.
Im confident based on conversations I have with people in other fields that this is the main problem through out our country and in all fields.
As long as the gubmint pays folks to stay home, there’s no fix ‘til we get enough illegals in and trained to fill the jobs.

It's no different than any other shortage. Aside from the underlying problem of the actual shortage, people hoarding supplies are what makes it much worse. How many people out there rushed out and stocked up way more than they needed? Same with TP, same with gas, same thing every time it happens. People panic and hoard. I'd much rather someone motivated by profit offer what they bought or have to the market for sale rather than run out and hoard an excess.
I get it. The one thing this pandemic has shown me is just how many more sheep there are out there than I thought. The toilet paper thing was ridiculous.

First off, babies are supposed to suck their momma's tits. Not eat some corporate powdered bull**** anyways.

Second, there was plenty of eggs and potatoes at Walmart today. If anyone's baby is starving in America their parents are literal ****ing retards.
To your first point, that isn't always possible for a number of reasons.

To your second point, yes...but only after six months and then only if they aren't allergic.

I know the usual "theys flippin stuph / pryce gowjin" threads get on my nerves because people don't know the definition of either term. Gasoline is the closest thing I can think of that people might legitimately consider "essential." But formula? I think that's a pretty safe bet. I don't know...were it me, I'd have found someone in need and passed it along. But I get your point too about maintaining supply by elevating prices. It just feels slimy with it being infant formula.

Anyhow, I've said enough. :ranger:

To your first point, that isn't always possible for a number of reasons.

To your second point, yes...but only after six months and then only if they aren't allergic.

I know the usual "theys flippin stuph / pryce gowjin" threads get on my nerves because people don't know the definition of either term. Gasoline is the closest thing I can think of that people might legitimately consider "essential." But formula? I think that's a pretty safe bet. I don't know...were it me, I'd have found someone in need and passed it along. But I get your point too about maintaining supply by elevating prices. It just feels slimy with it being infant formula.

Anyhow, I've said enough. :ranger:

Depends on context. If they just have leftover formula or needs a different brand, and is just selling it to recoup or to get what he needs to replace it with I'm sure you'd have no problem.

But if they're literally running out and buying it off the shelf to flip, yeah that's pretty slimy. But still better than someone just hoarding all they can.

Either way it can't elicit any emotion in me because I don't care enough to investigate.
Wouldn't even know if it wasn't for Karen making a thread about it :lol:

Depends on context. If they just have leftover formula or needs a different brand, and is just selling it to recoup or to get what he needs to replace it with I'm sure you'd have no problem.

But if they're literally running out and buying it off the shelf to flip, yeah that's pretty slimy. But still better than someone just hoarding all they can.

Either way it can't elicit any emotion in me because I don't care enough to investigate.
Wouldn't even know if it wasn't for Karen making a thread about it :lol:
Yet here you are… A.S.

Back
Top Bottom