• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'M BACK! Vacation Plans?

Amelia is beautiful but it's very quiet there. Not a ton of activities and whatnot to occupy yourself with though.
Fishing! Lot's of fishing! Other than that, quiet is good.

I'm funny that way. I can be sitting on a beach with a bait in the water, not getting a bite and I'm happy, but if I'm just sitting on a beach I feel like I'm just wasting time.

I'm thinking of taking a week off in mid May and it will be my first vacation in 11 years. I'll be by myself and I have realized I really don't know what I want to do. Budget is about $2000.

Any ideas?

Washington DC and Gettysburg - just about everything you want to see is free...it's a pretty easy drive up there and back- hotel, food and gas are your only expenses

I'm thinking of taking a week off in mid May and it will be my first vacation in 11 years. I'll be by myself and I have realized I really don't know what I want to do. Budget is about $2000.

Any ideas?

Oz, you'll just be able to afford to fly there have a look at the airport and fly back but it will be well worth it! :becky:

Okay, the flounder gigging really got my attention and as soon as I did an online search I found what looks like a good trip out of Amelia Island. I seem to recall some folks on here have had some good things to say about Amelia Island and am looking for some insight.

I'm not very worried about accommodations as long as it has running water and AC. How about kayak, surf and pier fishing? Maybe some crabbing?

Amelia is great...go just up the shore and visit Cumberland Island while you are there..wild horses...camp on the beach...old semi demolished mansions... really cool pace

Oz, you'll just be able to afford to fly there have a look at the airport and fly back but it will be well worth it! :becky:

Maybe just visiting the airport is the safest visit? :)
OZ_Travel.jpg

I'm vacating in Miami Beah right now. Well, Surfside I should say. Lastnight I "did" half a pitcher of Mojitos and the wife. Vacations going fine. You should try it. BYO mojitos....and wife. :p

Okay, the flounder gigging really got my attention and as soon as I did an online search I found what looks like a good trip out of Amelia Island. I seem to recall some folks on here have had some good things to say about Amelia Island and am looking for some insight.

I'm not very worried about accommodations as long as it has running water and AC. How about kayak, surf and pier fishing? Maybe some crabbing?

I'd love to hear how it goes if you book a trip. I've been putting mine off for a couple of years, but I can feel the itch getting worse lol...

Amelia Island has some high-end classic car shows from time to time, similar to what they have at Pebble Beach. Not sure if that's your thing or not. I've never been to one either. lol

Amelia is fantastic. Okefenokee is up the road, fishing on the beach. Cumberland island is nearby. Good food. Sign me up. It's 1 second over the border in Florida which is great.

Back
Top Bottom