• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Here's the backstory.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/found-my-next-rifle-just-damn-in-a-good-way.958285/

I got the rifle back from Christensen much faster than I anticipated and I was thinking all kinds of bad thoughts when I found out it was coming back that fast. To my great relief, they rebarreled it and sent two consecutive test groups back with it. Both of which are well under 1 MOA. I would he very happy, but.....

338-1.jpg

338-2.jpg

...this was the condition of the package when it arrived. That case is not flimsy at all and it took one hell of an impact to do that. The muzzle brake took some damage that you can see if you look close, so it wasn't just dropped. The muzzle got hammered into something. Probably concrete.

I'll be contacting Christensen later today to see how they want to handle the claim with FedEx.

Just damn.

Damn. Id be raising hell with someone. That's unacceptable.
This is the third "unacceptable" with this rifle. I first had to send it back to Christensen because the bolt release lever did not work and I couldn't get the bolt out of the rifle. Then I had to send it back because it did not even come close to the accuracy guarantee they give, no matter what I tried and I tried a lot. Then this happened when it was being returned the second time.

One thing I want to be clear about. Christensen customer service has been great! They jumped all over both issues and were very apologetic. I've experienced the "We didn't have a problem with it. You're just a dumbass." response from a couple of different firearms companies and was prepared for that to happen this time. I was already getting cranked up for a fight before I ever got the rifle back. Christensen didn't play those games. They rebarreled the rifle and test fired for accuracy. They even included load data on the round that produced the sub MOA groups. They did it with 250 grain bullets and I would prefer 300 grain, but 250 will do if I can't get it to shoot with the 300s.

Seems like somebody knew it was a rifle and decided to chunk that ***** across the room......
It would have taken a lot more than that to bust that case up like that. Either something big was dropped on the end or it was dropped from a long way up.

Back
Top Bottom