• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

Wow, once you make up your mind you don't mess around
I just needed to know I was getting my money back on the CA. I'm also supposed to be going to the 2500 yard range at Legion 2 weeks from tomorrow and right now the only long range rifle I have is a 308. That's just not good enough.

Hope it arrives in time to get her set up and a load worked out!
Me too. Your guys couldn't get their hands on one and the run Remington did this year is disappearing fast. I could only find two places on line that had them, supposedly. It was too late to confirm by phone. I went ahead and ordered one from a well known online dealer (good price, too) and all I can do is hope they keep track of their inventory well. The site quoted a rather slow ship time, 5 to 7 business days to leave them. I'm hoping that's a pessimistic estimate.

I just checked the web site I bought it from and it now lists it as "out of stock". I hope that means I got the last one. LOL!

Hell, I can't even find a description of this rifle on any of the Remington websites.

you got me there. I just caught the 1900 budget.
I'm a firm believer that you can get a highly accurate rifle for way less than most people think you can. I got burned on the CA rifle, but have owned many rifles that were 0.5 MOA or less with proper load development and little or no modification that didn't cost anything close to even $1500. Many much less than $1000. Granted, it's more difficult to do that with a 338LM, but even if I can't get the accuracy I'm looking for from the stock XCR, I'm completely confident I can get it with another $600 investment to accurize it. That would make it a $2600 customized rifle with a 0.5 MOA guarantee. And that's worst case.

I think there is about a 50/50 chance I will get 0.5 accuracy from the XCR with no modification. I'm almost 100% sure I'll get 1.0 MOA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom