• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

That remington certainly has the look. Let us know how she performs... i feel lime everyone has been watching this thread.

Id jump like it was christmas when that check clears

That remington certainly has the look. Let us know how she performs... i feel lime everyone has been watching this thread.

Id jump like it was christmas when that check clears
Oh, there will most definitely be a thread in "Gun Reviews" tracking the XCR. LOL!

My confidence in the XCR has increased even more since I got a good look at the type of fluting they use on the barrel. (It's actually a little hard to find a good pic.) It's the same as they use on their LTR (Light Tactical Rifle) I have successfully competed with that rifle completely unmodified and it was well under 0.5 MOA.

Been following this thread. Did you ever get confirmation from the online retailer that they do in fact have the XCR that you ordered in their inventory? For your sake I sure hope they do.

Here's the backstory.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/found-my-next-rifle-just-damn-in-a-good-way.958285/

I got the rifle back from Christensen much faster than I anticipated and I was thinking all kinds of bad thoughts when I found out it was coming back that fast. To my great relief, they rebarreled it and sent two consecutive test groups back with it. Both of which are well under 1 MOA. I would he very happy, but.....

View attachment 561124

View attachment 561125

...this was the condition of the package when it arrived. That case is not flimsy at all and it took one hell of an impact to do that. The muzzle brake took some damage that you can see if you look close, so it wasn't just dropped. The muzzle got hammered into something. Probably concrete.

I'll be contacting Christensen later today to see how they want to handle the claim with FedEx.

Just damn.

Fedex uses contractors. Most of which are disgruntled. Not surprised. Damn shame

Been following this thread. Did you ever get confirmation from the online retailer that they do in fact have the XCR that you ordered in their inventory? For your sake I sure hope they do.
No. They are closed until Monday. I think their inventory is automated, though. After I ordered my rifle their site shows they are out of stock. This change occurred while they were closed, so I'm fairly confident I got the last one they had in stock.

Back
Top Bottom