• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

Availability of the XCR confirmed and payment made. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else gets screwed up, but I'm not holding my breath. LOL!

In thinking about it, I realize I have owned four rifles in various 338s over the last ten years or so. A Winchester 338WM, a Ruger 338WM, a Remington 338RUM and this Christensen 338LM. None of them have shot worth a damn.

Am I cursed concerning the 338 caliber or very over due for some good luck?

Last edited:
Availability of the XCR confirmed and payment made. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else gets screwed up, but I'm not holding my breath. LOL!

In thinking about it, I realize I have owned four rifles in various 338s over the last ten years or so. A Winchester 338WM, a Ruger 338WM, a Remington 338RUM and this Christensen 338LM. None of them have shot worth a damn.

Am I cursed concerning the 338 caliber or very over due for some good luck?

Maybe so. I used to have an Armalite AR-30 in .338LM. It was a home defense gun.

image.jpeg
My only .338 ever is a current rifle I own, a custom hunting rifle on a commercial Mauser action in .338-06AI.

Hah! Miracles of miracles. After looking for a couple of weeks, I found two 100 count boxes of the Berger 300Gr. OTM bullets and they'll also be here Friday (Yes, I paid for overnight shipping) and that will give me a real shot at getting a good load worked up with them by the shoot. I have everything else I need....if the rifle shoots straight.

View attachment 583667 This load is a good place to start.
If the rifle is inherently accurate at all, I'll find the optimum load for it. The 285 A-Max could come into play, but only if I don't get good enough accuracy out of the Berger 300gr OTM or the Berger 250gr OTM. I don't trust Hornady to be consistent enough from lot to lot on their bullets or brass. I've just seen to much variation in the past.

Back
Top Bottom