• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm gonna need some cash with that.

My favorite conversation, I think, in the sketchy world of negotiating.

Say you have item A. Sells privately for around $1000-1100. And that's the reasonable, pretty average price. But, you're feeling nice, you have it listed at $900.

You see item B. It's listed at $750. But you'd be okay with trading down, so you make the offer.

And get hit with the old "I can do that trade, if you add cash."

:doh:

Been there, done that.

May have 2 or 3 of something, and something else of lesser value catches my eye. trader needs a "little something extra" to make it all even,

And of course, I should deliver

My favorite conversation, I think, in the sketchy world of negotiating.

Say you have item A. Sells privately for around $1000-1100. And that's the reasonable, pretty average price. But, you're feeling nice, you have it listed at $900.

You see item B. It's listed at $750. But you'd be okay with trading down, so you make the offer.

And get hit with the old "I can do that trade, if you add cash."

:doh:
Got to have box&doc's,holster and ammo or i'll walk.

Item listed real world new retail 1k. Trade offer item real world new retail 450, acts all surprised when straight trade politely turned down.

Happened to me just last week. Saw something I might like to trade for. Sent message and got a crazy response. The retail difference in cash was 1k. I was offered his and a few mags and was told it was a fair trade offer. Try to be polite but ended up having to stop responding.

Back
Top Bottom