• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm not a reloader.

You might as well bite the bullet and start loading.

Around here, there is a person or two at the matches that load ammo for other shooters at the matches. As a person that loads my own ammo, I wouldn't load for someone and I sure as heck would shoot what 98 percent of the other shooters load, but use your own judgement there.

How much recoil reduction are you looking for? You have to make Power Factor in IDPA and USPSA, most reduced recoil loads aren't going to make PF. If you're looking for something that's a little less snappy, many of the 124 grain target loads seem to produce less felt recoil.

The next question is, what pistol are you using?

How much recoil reduction are you looking for? You have to make Power Factor in IDPA and USPSA, most reduced recoil loads aren't going to make PF. If you're looking for something that's a little less snappy, many of the 124 grain target loads seem to produce less felt recoil.

The next question is, what pistol are you using?
I see some other shooters whose guns don't jump very much.

There's no shortcuts..light loads will not replace a solid practice regimen. And as Wheeler said, never use anyone's reloads unless you completely trust them.

You might as well bite the bullet and start loading.

Around here, there is a person or two at the matches that load ammo for other shooters at the matches. As a person that loads my own ammo, I wouldn't load for someone and I sure as heck would shoot what 98 percent of the other shooters load, but use your own judgement there.
Reduced 9mm recoil= 22lr

Heavy bullets use less powder and tend to feel softer shooting when compared to lighter bullets loaded to the same power factor when fired in an uncompensated handgun. They are also quieter.

Back
Top Bottom