• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm pumped! New rifle coming soon.

I like the way it looks. Lets just hope it shoots as good as it looks. I built my own AR10 but it's just a 18 inch bull barrel. I shot sub 1/2 MOA groups with shelf ammo. As soon as I get .308 dies and enough brass to load I am going to start tuning a load for it. Should work out pretty good. This is the first target I shot with it with a 225 dollar bushnell optics .308 scope. I know, I know I didn't put enough into the scope. I had just laid out 1,800 in parts and was low on cash for a good scope. So I threw a budget scope on it just to shoot it. It stamped out a .400 group which was the largest with shelf ammo and a cheap scope. Not to shabby. You can see where I walked it in form the right to the left into the bulls eye. Then I shot the four corners. I was pleased. I measured the groups with a 400 dollar set of Vainer Calipers. The .400 was the biggest group. I think it averaged out to be some where in the .375 range. I am anxious to start loading and developing a load to just see what I can wring out of it. I didn't build it for real long range. Just good and accurate out to 6 to 700 yards. The walked in shots were one click each of four shots. Then I gave it a few clicks to get in the red.

I hope your new toy performs half as good as it looks. I am sure it will. Let us know the minute you get some data for us.

Attachments

• 20170908_111340.jpg
    20170908_111340.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20160228_174918.jpg
    20160228_174918.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 26
I like the way it looks. Lets just hope it shoots as good as it looks. I built my own AR10 but it's just a 18 inch bull barrel. I shot sub 1/2 MOA groups with shelf ammo. As soon as I get .308 dies and enough brass to load I am going to start tuning a load for it. Should work out pretty good. This is the first target I shot with it with a 225 dollar bushnell optics .308 scope. I know, I know I didn't put enough into the scope. I had just laid out 1,800 in parts and was low on cash for a good scope. So I threw a budget scope on it just to shoot it. It stamped out a .400 group which was the largest with shelf ammo and a cheap scope. Not to shabby. You can see where I walked it in form the right to the left into the bulls eye. Then I shot the four corners. I was pleased. I measured the groups with a 400 dollar set of Vainer Calipers. The .400 was the biggest group. I think it averaged out to be some where in the .375 range. I am anxious to start loading and developing a load to just see what I can wring out of it. I didn't build it for real long range. Just good and accurate out to 6 to 700 yards. The walked in shots were one click each of four shots. Then I gave it a few clicks to get in the red.

I hope your new toy performs half as good as it looks. I am sure it will. Let us know the minute you get some data for us.
I don't see how loading will fix your problem.

Back
Top Bottom