• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm pumped! New rifle coming soon.

Post those pics up for us all to slobber over. I am thinking of getting a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmore. I might go the HMR I am not exactly sure yet. Right now I am finishing a DMR 5.56 and I am ordering a Match Set of Multi Cal receivers just incase and then I am going to get the Bergara. I am a member of River Bend Gun Club and they have 600 yard matches and the goal is to hit the 12 ring in the middle of a 72 inch target. All are welcome. Hell I have a AR10 .308 that shoots .385 or .425 I get that and my 6.8 confused, so I can use that until I obtain my 6.5 Creedmore. I see you live in Sandy Springs. How easy would it be for you to take a sick day during the week. The reason I ask is I am a member of River Bend Gun Club and we could take it up there and hit the 200 yard range and sight it in. It is deserted on during the weekdays and about 5 people are on 300-500 acres of ranges. So it's basically mine on a weekday. My kids are in school and I usually leave around 6:30 and get there when it's cool. Say the word and we will go. We can find somewhere to meet and I can drive us up. It's a beautiful range. You might want to bring a handgun or two. Knocking down plates is a blast. No pun intended. We can tune them up and then hit that 600 yard event on the weekend. LETS DOOO IT!
Read some of the recent threads on the HMR. If shooting more than 5 shots in a string, you may be disappointed. Remember that the H stands for hunting.

Post those pics up for us all to slobber over. I am thinking of getting a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmore. I might go the HMR I am not exactly sure yet. Right now I am finishing a DMR 5.56 and I am ordering a Match Set of Multi Cal receivers just incase and then I am going to get the Bergara. I am a member of River Bend Gun Club and they have 600 yard matches and the goal is to hit the 12 ring in the middle of a 72 inch target. All are welcome. Hell I have a AR10 .308 that shoots .385 or .425 I get that and my 6.8 confused, so I can use that until I obtain my 6.5 Creedmore. I see you live in Sandy Springs. How easy would it be for you to take a sick day during the week. The reason I ask is I am a member of River Bend Gun Club and we could take it up there and hit the 200 yard range and sight it in. It is deserted on during the weekdays and about 5 people are on 300-500 acres of ranges. So it's basically mine on a weekday. My kids are in school and I usually leave around 6:30 and get there when it's cool. Say the word and we will go. We can find somewhere to meet and I can drive us up. It's a beautiful range. You might want to bring a handgun or two. Knocking down plates is a blast. No pun intended. We can tune them up and then hit that 600 yard event on the weekend. LETS DOOO IT!
Talk to REDX before you get the Bergara. Seriously.

I just might take you up on that offer. I've been thinking about joining River Bend since South River closed down their rifle range. Let me get a load worked up and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Post those pics up for us all to slobber over. I am thinking of getting a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmore. I might go the HMR I am not exactly sure yet. Right now I am finishing a DMR 5.56 and I am ordering a Match Set of Multi Cal receivers just incase and then I am going to get the Bergara. I am a member there and they have 600 yard matches and the goal i
Read some of the recent threads on the HMR. If shooting more than 5 shots in a string, you may be disappointed. Remember that the H stands for hunting.
You are right I meant the B-MP job. I like the chassis on that one. It's got a little ZEST to it. 1,699 is not bad for that rifle knowing the accuracy it will give me. I am just going to skip the RPR all thogether and do Bergara. I couldn't remember the name of it but I knew it was the first one that had the tactical chassis.

Post those pics up for us all to slobber over. I am thinking of getting a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmore. I might go the HMR I am not exactly sure yet. Right now I am finishing a DMR 5.56 and I am ordering a Match Set of Multi Cal receivers just incase and then I am going to get the Bergara. I am a member there and they have 600 yard matches and the goal i

You are right I meant the B-MP job. I like the chassis on that one. It's got a little ZEST to it. 1,699 is bad for that rifle knowing the accuracy it will give me. I am just going to skip the RPR all thogether and do Bergara. I couldn't remember the name of it but I knew it was the first one that had the tactical chassis.
Same profile barrel as the HMR. You would be buying an expensive gun that looks like it was designed for matches, but in all actuality, is just dressed up and wouldn't stand up to your expectations. Until they can listen to the precision rifle world and offer heavier profile barrels, they are just a wannabe. And the true shame of it is that it would be very easy and no more cost, probably cheaper, to offer heavy barrel options. Too bad they aren't listening to shooters.

You are right I meant the B-MP job. I like the chassis on that one. It's got a little ZEST to it. 1,699 is bad for that rifle knowing the accuracy it will give me. I am just going to skip the RPR all thogether and do Bergara. I couldn't remember the name of it but I knew it was the first one that had the tactical chassis.

BMP is the HMR barreled action in a different chassis, still with a #5 taper. If you move up to the premier action for another $300, you get a much better action, stainless barrel, but again, you will still get a #5 taper. FWIW, Bergara rifles that go to Law Enforcement move up to a #6 taper but that is not offered commercially unless you custom order a gun or buy the Competition Rifle at $4100. There is a #7 taper option as well if you do a custom build.

If the weather holds out I mi
Talk to REDX before you get the Bergara. Seriously.

I just might take you up on that offer. I've been thinking about joining River Bend since South River closed down their rifle range. Let me get a load worked up and we'll go from there. Thanks!
No problem, just give me a day or two in advance and I am in. I have taken several members there and they have really enjoyed it. Through the week it's a shooters paradise.

Back
Top Bottom