• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm pumped! New rifle coming soon.

They do offer what you are looking for, but maybe just not for what you want to spend. $4100 gets you there. The #6 taper does just fine for what you are looking for. The barrel themselves are not an issue, its the taper you are looking for, for your purpose. I know the guys well down there, I will give them the feedback that they need to produce a heavier barrel variant of their current precision guns at a non-custom price point.
What are you getting in that "custom rifle" option from Bergara? That's hell of a price difference when you consider that they are using the same barrels and actions as their higher end "production" guns. Looks to me like they simply aren't turning the barrels down as much as they do on their sub 2k options and you get to have an AIAX, McMillan etc stock or chassis. Hell, I can have all those options built on a Stiller or Deviant action for that price point, not to mention, more barrel profile options.

What are you getting in that "custom rifle" option from Bergara? That's hell of a price difference when you consider that they are using the same barrels and actions as their higher end "production" guns. Looks to me like they simply aren't turning the barrels down as much as they do on their sub 2k options and you get to have an AIAX, McMillan etc stock or chassis. Hell, I can have all those options built on a Stiller or Deviant action for that price point, not to mention, more barrel profile options.
ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 , About to head out the door, I will reply to you when I get a moment this afternoon, but I will reply in the "Bergara Precision Rifle" Thread if that is OK with you. This is Bear44 Bear44 thread on his custom build and I don't want to keep discussing other topics here and derailing it. Looking forward to seeing his rifle build.

They do offer what you are looking for, but maybe just not for what you want to spend. $4100 gets you there. The #6 taper does just fine for what you are looking for. The barrel themselves are not an issue, its the taper you are looking for, for your purpose. I know the guys well down there, I will give them the feedback that they need to produce a heavier barrel variant of their current precision guns at a non-custom price point.
That's just plain ridiculous. It wouldn't take another 2,000 of work to get that outfit that precision chassis with a heavier barrel. That's where they suck you in and slide the co*k ring back on ya and sink it in down to the balls. " Oh you want a barrel that we don't have to turn down all the way. OK. That will cost you another 2,600 hundred dollars. " I will pass on that arrangement. Hell I can build three AR10 6.5 Creeds for that. I am sure Shilen and Krieger will accommodate me with a barrel that will do what I want all day long.

ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 , About to head out the door, I will reply to you when I get a moment this afternoon, but I will reply in the "Bergara Precision Rifle" Thread if that is OK with you. This is Bear44 Bear44 thread on his custom build and I don't want to keep discussing other topics here and derailing it. Looking forward to seeing his rifle build.
Set us up with some pics tonight if you can.

His name is REDX REDX and he builds one bad-ass rifle!

https://www.shadowhunterconcepts.com/

SHC.jpg

SHC groups.jpg

I love it when it's simple. Shoot a group, adjust scope, shoot another group, cut the heart of the target out.

Those red bull's-eyes are half inch diameter. The group on the left measures 0.32 inches center to center and the one on the right measures 0.44 at 100 yards. I'm a little out of practice and can guarantee that little bit of horizontal stringing is me, not the rifle. This is with NO load development. It's a load I built for my RPR and is not matched up to this rifle at all. Simply amazing!

It was shooting the cheapest junk ammo I could find into less than an inch while I was doing the break-in.

I am one happy camper!

Back
Top Bottom