• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm ready to throw lee pro 1000 in the yard

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
For Christmas my wife purchased me a lee pro 1000. Ok I ordered it and she wrapped it. I have a lee turret and have loaded thousands of flawless rounds. I got it set up Christmas Day and have loaded rounds each day since. I have thrown away loaded rounds with no primers. I've thrown away damaged primers that I've had to dig out of the feeder. I had to take it apart because the shell plate was hung up. The primers should eject through the tube yet the tube got clogged. There were also primers that had gotten fed under the shell plate. When it runs it runs smooth but having to stop every 10 mins for 10 mins to adjust and such has me to the point I had to walk away

I’ve had their classic turret press for years and it works excellent for my casual reloading, but when it does get finnicky it’s usually the priming “system”. If you do a lot of reloading on a progressive press, I think you either bite the bullet and spend the money on a Dillon or you deal with headaches.

I have heard they can be finicky. If you haven’t run a progressive before, the best advice I can give is start out slow. Concentrate on the same principles you would with any other press. After you get used to it all, the speed will come from efficiency and the mechanics.

I’ve found if I focus on speed, I usually end up with anything but, and stoppages lead to errors at best, dangerous rounds at worst.

use cci primers and tap the primer tray every so often to keep the primers falling down.. if the primers get low replace.if there are not enough primers there will not be enough weight to keep primers pushed down then it gets irritating...use cci primers is the big key to lee pro 1000

I'm going to slow down. I'm going to take it down and set it back up. I just placed an order for CCI primers. I was hoping the s&b primers would work. I will save them for my turret. I'm hoping to get it ironed out. I have and extra shell plate and turret for 38. I intend to load a few thousand of 9 and then a few thousand 38.

I'm a Lee fan, but I don't care for the Pro 1000. When it is running, it cranks out ammo fast. But it requires too much effort to keep in tune.

My recommendation: Return it, get an Auto Breech Lock Pro.

I'm going to slow down. I'm going to take it down and set it back up. I just placed an order for CCI primers. I was hoping the s&b primers would work. I will save them for my turret. I'm hoping to get it ironed out. I have and extra shell plate and turret for 38. I intend to load a few thousand of 9 and then a few thousand 38.

Tearing it down and starting over is actually a really good idea. Check out YouTube for videos on cleaning up an polishing the priming system. Also watch videos on timing. The two biggest problems you'll run into on the 1000 priming system are those. If you get it nice and smooth and feeding primers consistent, and get the timing set correctly so that the primer is where it needs to be at the right time, you'll eliminate so many headaches. It does take some fiddling, but it will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom