• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm ready to throw lee pro 1000 in the yard

FDA68751-1B27-4FF7-8307-C1D5A37FCB02.jpeg
I'm going to slow down. I'm going to take it down and set it back up. I just placed an order for CCI primers. I was hoping the s&b primers would work. I will save them for my turret. I'm hoping to get it ironed out. I have and extra shell plate and turret for 38. I intend to load a few thousand of 9 and then a few thousand 38.

Even my Dillons require takedown and cleaning/maintenance, especially of the priming system. When it works, it's great. When they stop or hang up, it's a damned nightmare.

1) can u return it?
2) how much does ur mental health worth?
3) cci does help a bit but it ain’t gonna give u salvation
4) u can prime separately and skip the primer station altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started using a pro 1000 that I purchased from a fellow ODTer. It is a 9mm set up and it took a little patience to getting it running smoothly but as pointed out the shell plate timing is critical. Just refer to the Lee timing adjustment on YouTube and most of your primer issues will go away as long as the primer tray is loaded. I am just getting started but I really like the press so far. I even added the bullet feeder an American Accurate case collater.

Let us know how it turns out CamsDaddy....

All your fellow reloaders are rooting for you!
I'm sure once you get over the learning-curve on the finnicky-ness you will do fine.
:cool:
As already suggested maybe you could hand prime separately until you have all the other items "dialed in".
After you can run the press and everything is working right then add the primer sequence back into your process.

I know how frustrating it can be when a new press set up does not work correctly!

I have found that if I break down the reloading steps into four groups, I get the best throughput and satisfaction from my progressive loaders:

1) Resize and de-prime
2) Overnight soak in a Citric Acid Bath ... then air dry for several days
3) Prime using Franklin Arsenal Hand Primer
4) Remove de-priming rod, and load without the primer foot/mechanism.

Insomuch that I use a Hornady Bullet Feeder Dies for my 9mm, .38 Special, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP loads;
Step #4 is a real production dream come true.

I have one of the new Lee Progressives with its case feeder. It is a dream for step #1 and #4 ... A real nightmare otherwise!

Let us know how it turns out CamsDaddy....

All your fellow reloaders are rooting for you!
I'm sure once you get over the learning-curve on the finnicky-ness you will do fine.
:cool:
As already suggested maybe you could hand prime separately until you have all the other items "dialed in".
After you can run the press and everything is working right then add the primer sequence back into your process.

I know how frustrating it can be when a new press set up does not work correctly!

Priming off the press for a bit is a good idea while working on the timing issues.

Back
Top Bottom