• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm ready to throw lee pro 1000 in the yard

For Christmas my wife purchased me a lee pro 1000. Ok I ordered it and she wrapped it. I have a lee turret and have loaded thousands of flawless rounds. I got it set up Christmas Day and have loaded rounds each day since. I have thrown away loaded rounds with no primers. I've thrown away damaged primers that I've had to dig out of the feeder. I had to take it apart because the shell plate was hung up. The primers should eject through the tube yet the tube got clogged. There were also primers that had gotten fed under the shell plate. When it runs it runs smooth but having to stop every 10 mins for 10 mins to adjust and such has me to the point I had to walk away
I have a lee 1000 also and I hand prime my shells the 1000 priming system is a piece of crap, I use mine for powder and bullet seating and crimping. Now it works great.

I got my Pro 1000 new from a fellow ODTer and after initial fiddling and research on YouTube it runs great. I just ran 600 rounds through it using all stations plus bullet feeder and it works great. I did stop twice and reset the timing and to blow out the shell holder with compressed air. Took me about an hour and a half to get to 600.

I noted several comments about spent primer jams ... something that I experienced to the extent that the press had to be replaced!
So, I recommend that anyone getting a new press carefully de-grease the spent primer travel path. A shot or three of brake cleaner followed by a pipe cleaner should do the job! As as matter of fact, everything "New" concerning the set-up on a press should get "prep'd" prior to use: New dies need to be de-greased (I also wipe them down with graphite powder), New powder dispensers should be wiped down with powdered graphite then with a dryer sheet ... an ounce of prevention avoids a pound of cure!

use cci primers and tap the primer tray every so often to keep the primers falling down.. if the primers get low replace.if there are not enough primers there will not be enough weight to keep primers pushed down then it gets irritating...use cci primers is the big key to lee pro 1000
a fact indeedy, Winchester primers will cause it to cough up a hairball way too many times, CCI only, for optimum performance. The Pro 1000's are great presses, I have been using them since they came out with the earlier powder throwers which I like better than the dang chain operated crap with all the little discs. I like em so much I have 4, one in 9, 40, 45 and 556, they are the best for the money.

Back
Top Bottom