• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm slow to learn. Explain to me again how your 20 shot 9MM is more effective than my 6 shot .357

8c0.png

It was FMJ

Well if you hit center mass you are going down... get hit in an extremity with FMJ’s usually clean thru and thru’s... Not to many thugs can get stay on target..

Usually we would try to get the details after.. Ofcourse any fragments or projectiles we remove from the patients, gets sealed and handed to the detectives..

When we saw fatalities, it was usually a set up, deal gone bad, robbery, and usually very close range... Not a lot of room for escape.. We have a RN that is a Trauma Registrar.. That’s when you become a statistic on a Government Chart...........

Glad you asked.

Everyone sloughs off into a caliber debate.

Supposedly 30 shot semi-autos have made the revolver obsolete, supposedly because of the possibility of encountering "multiple thugs intent on doing harm" I believe is how one poster put it.

So rather than speculating on "what if" scenarios, here is a real life situation, where

(a) you have a pistol marksman who has been certifiably trained to a minimum level of competence in accuracy and gun handling,

(b) Who encounters multiple bad guys at point blank range

(c) Is only able to hit one of the perps, despite having 40 rounds or so at his disposal, he is able to only inconvenience the bad guy.

and

(d) ends up getting shot hisself.

So my question is, which no one has addressed, is how the good guy would have been worse off if he were carrying a 6 shot revolver.

Ah OK, I get it now. I can think of a few reasons why a 6-shot revolver in ANY caliber, other than 12 gauge or RPG, COULD’VE been worse in that situation, but don’t really care to entertain it because I’d simply be speculating since I wasn’t there and don’t know exactly how it went down.

Back
Top Bottom