• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm slow to learn. Explain to me again how your 20 shot 9MM is more effective than my 6 shot .357

They should of used a 40SW. Customer at a shop I visited said getting shot with a 40 is like getting shot 2-3x (or maybe he said three or four times?) with a 9mm. So that means a 15rd 40SW is like having 45+ rounds of 9mm!

They should of used a 40SW. Customer at a shop I visited said getting shot with a 40 is like getting shot 2-3x (or maybe he said three or four times?) with a 9mm. So that means a 15rd 40SW is like having 45+ rounds of 9mm!
If it was said in a gun shop it has to be true.

2h3hek.gif

Glad you asked.

Everyone sloughs off into a caliber debate.

Supposedly 30 shot semi-autos have made the revolver obsolete, supposedly because of the possibility of encountering "multiple thugs intent on doing harm" I believe is how one poster put it.

So rather than speculating on "what if" scenarios, here is a real life situation, where

(a) you have a pistol marksman who has been certifiably trained to a minimum level of competence in accuracy and gun handling,

(b) Who encounters multiple bad guys at point blank range

(c) Is only able to hit one of the perps, despite having 40 rounds or so at his disposal, he is able to only inconvenience the bad guy.

and

(d) ends up getting shot hisself.

So my question is, which no one has addressed, is how the good guy would have been worse off if he were carrying a 6 shot revolver.
The revolver is not obsolete, however it requires a MUCH higher skill level to effectively employ a revolver in a gun fight vs a modern semiauto striker fired pistol (think trigger weight, round count, reload time required)

The off duty cop survived the encounter, that's what matters. More rounds is never a bad thing. With 20 rounds I can suppress bad guys while moving from cover to cover. I can El Presidente. I can engage multiple targets with multiple hits (and misses because that happens in real life) without reloading.

They say the average civilian gunfight is 3 rounds in 3 seconds and it's over. Well what if I'm having a really ****ing extraordinarily bad day and I'm in a shootout with a dude using an AK pistol with a 30 round mag (this happened at an Atl gas station not too long ago on video). Tell me you'd rather have 6 rounds than 20.

Back
Top Bottom