• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm slow to learn. Explain to me again how your 20 shot 9MM is more effective than my 6 shot .357

Glad you asked.

Everyone sloughs off into a caliber debate.

Supposedly 30 shot semi-autos have made the revolver obsolete, supposedly because of the possibility of encountering "multiple thugs intent on doing harm" I believe is how one poster put it.

So rather than speculating on "what if" scenarios, here is a real life situation, where

(a) you have a pistol marksman who has been certifiably trained to a minimum level of competence in accuracy and gun handling,

(b) Who encounters multiple bad guys at point blank range

(c) Is only able to hit one of the perps, despite having 40 rounds or so at his disposal, he is able to only inconvenience the bad guy.

and

(d) ends up getting shot hisself.

So my question is, which no one has addressed, is how the good guy would have been worse off if he were carrying a 6 shot revolver.

With 20 rounds he got 5% hits. 5% of 6 is less than one hit.
The percentages is a big reason the FBI went back to 9 mm. Their agents were making less than 30 % so they needed more rounds.

I was a Police Officer in the 70's, carried a .357 for 5 years. I will never go back to 6 shots again!
Me too, carried a S&W 29, 4" till the model 39 came out, swapped 6-44mags for 9-9mm- then the model 59 came out and chose the 15 shot- 9mm over anything out there. Back then we carried our own, and even a trained shooter chose quantity over size and speed. Never knew how many you'd encounter. 9mm was b ack then, and still is now, my choice of caliber.

If my attacker has a gun, I’d rather it be a 6 Shot than a 9mm with 21 rounds....

75044FF5-5994-4A0A-B912-2774D53B185E.gif

Back
Top Bottom