• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm sure some of you have already tried this...

Put .22 cal air rifle pellets in a .22LR and load a .22 cal Ramset blank behind it. I think most lead .22 pellets are around 17 grains, IIRC.

They leave the muzzle over 2,000FPS if I remember right. Might have been over 3,000FPS.

I never did try those lead-free pellets. I know they're even lighter.

I retired my "beater" .22, so I don't have one I'm willing to try it with, anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No, but have thrown a handful of .22's into a burn barrel and outran everyone else...
Been there. LOL. I've tossed 12 gauge #8s in the burn barrel, too. Metallic cartridges make a better pop, though.

Sneaking some .22s in the camp fire is always fun. If you're nice, you tell everyone a few seconds after you do it.

Put .22 cal air rifle pellets in a .22LR and load a .22 cal Ramset blank behind it. I think most lead .22 pellets are around 17 grains, IIRC.

They leave the muzzle over 2,000FPS if I remember right. Might have been over 3,000FPS.

I never did try those lead-free pellets. I know they're even lighter.

I retired my "beater" .22, so I don't have one I'm willing to try it with, anymore.

....I’m gonna have to try this

....I’m gonna have to try this
Since I'm already giving "don't try this at home" advice. If you wanna try it and don't have any Ramset blanks on hand, just take a pair of pliers and pull the bullet out of a .22LR. Crimp the open end like a blank and use that. Be safe. It's a .22LR, but it's still sketchy as... heck.

By the way Ramset blanks come in different levels. The colors indicate how "hot" they are.

Have fun! Stay not-maimed!

Back
Top Bottom