• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Improvised weapon ideas for low budget.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So my Dad was a aircraft Jet engine mechanic his entire adult life.
He had some really cool ideas for self defense….one being his hands as he was a boxer in the Navy and continued teaching us and some of the neighborhood kids for years while we were growing up.
He was also into creative personal weapons and although good with his hands he always encouraged us to always have a weapon for self protection.
Heavy cables with weighted ends all wrapped in leather for user comfort.
Cool knives, pistols, or simply a noce
Rock in your pocket could help you.
I never went anywhere without a few good rocks in my pockets.

One that really stood out to me was the simple yet extremely effective tool he used to carry that would never have its legality questioned …well unless it was used to perform the business in which it was intended.
It was a simple, large master lock with a heavy leather tether on it kinda like a shortened dog leash.
He would keep the tether hanging out of his pocket for easy access just like someone would with a keychain tether.

I can remember thinking how absolutely nasty it would be to get hit in the face or head or the elbow of course from that damned thing.
I’m actually thinking about doing this myself but not sure if Ga has any communist edicts abojt such things.

Wonder how this would pass the sniff test in a school function.

giphy.gif

A Improvised bludgeon such as a weight (padlock) on the end of a short chain or rope-- which is basically a medieval mace -- would be considered a weapon in Georgia.

But the good news is anybody who is eligible for a weapons carry license can carry a weapon in most locations,

and there is state preemption on this issue: cities and counties have absolutely no power to make or enforce local ordinances against carrying such blunt force weapons.

Back
Top Bottom