• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Improvised weapon ideas for low budget.

A bar of soap in a sock used to work well when I was a kid! The bars of bath soap were bigger in the 60s and would take all the fight out of someone with one hit. Also we’re good for mean dogs that would chase us on our bikes, one smack and they would lay and watch as you rode by next time.

Nonbody needs that kind of assault soap except professional ... um .. ah .. Frenchmen?

I first found out about this concoction as a pretty young kid in the 80's. Draining fuel from a small engine that we putting in a minibike frame, and the engine had gas in it. Next to me in the garage was a styrofoam cooler, and that looked like a good place to dump the gas (for a kid that didn't know better). At first, I didn't know what I had done because I was focused on getting that engine on the minibike so I could ride it, and when I came back to find the disintegrated cooler, I knew I had discovered something new and cool "magic" that I could show my buddies.... We called it "fire putty" after lots of investigation and testing this new material we discovered (we made and used a lot of it). 🤫
You should have name if "napalm" because that is basically that is.

I showed all of my kids how to properly check the air pressure in their tires with this. More reliable than a tire pressure gauge.

View attachment 5206209
My dad was little league coach while I was growing up and even after. He carried a little league bat in his truck that had a lead slug in the barrel.

He was in construction, he never had to use it, but he did pull it a couple of times to get someone's attention. He wasn't a big man, but he was what people use to call "stout". I'm guessing the idea of him taking a couple of whacks at you with a loaded bat would slow even a big man down.

An old buddy gave me this primitive ergonomic nut scratcher a couple weeks ago. Thinking about an inside the waistband or appendix conceal with the leather tether hanging out for easy reach when I get an itch........ :becky:

20230114_202701.jpg
20230114_202739.jpg

everything is a weapon if you do it right... I'm currently looking to upgrade my "discreet" carry since my EDC knives are not going to pass muster where I work anymore....

One thing you should look at is a nice change purse, you know, for parking meters:
This exactly, when I was LE I carried Stainless Steel pens as a last resort “oh ****” incident response.

You should have name if "napalm" because that is basically that is.
Yes. I totally agree. Young kid me had no idea, and looking back, I'm lucky to have survived the 80s... BUT, I had a LOT of fun and learned a lot of stuff that kids these days don't get to learn.

Back
Top Bottom