• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impulse buy. Broke the bank

Any I cleaned and oiled her up real good. That's at least another 100 buck. 625 and she is yours.

Attachments

• IMG_20210606_215239351.jpg
    IMG_20210606_215239351.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 16
I was at Walmart a week or so ago and stopped by the ammo counter to look at the empty shelves and saw 6 boxes of Remington 550 round .22 Lr for $29 a box. I bought the 2 I was allowed, but it restored my faith in Wally World....a little bit.

Cartersville Walmart has (at 2pm) a Henry Octagon barrel with brass receiver 45-70 for a touch over $800. I think its $828
I saw the same exact one when they were clearancing out guns a while back for $350 and the guy wouldn't sell it to me, he said it had to be a mistake. I tried to talk with the manager but he told me that the manager was unavailable. I asked him to put it in the back and I would be back the net day to talk with them. The next day I came in and the gun had been sold. The guy working the counter took my 45-70 home I guarantee it.

My Savage 64-F also cost $114, I think.
Good deal.
But I hate the magazine latch system.
Very stiff and a 2-hand job (for me).
The fact that you have to take the barrel off of the receiver to get the bolt out to clean the action is a big drawback to if you shoot a lot.
Thankfully due to the ammo prices and lack of availability I haven't shot mine that much to require a complete breakdown for cleaning!

Back
Top Bottom