• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In an ER Room Keeping an Eye on My Mom, Prayers Needed

ReloaderBen

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Brenda Gail's Husband and Jill's Father
231   0
Reaction score
As you may know my wife passed away at the end of November. Now my mom, Helen, is stuck in an ER room with the flu and an elevated calcium level that is causing her to act like she has dementia. She is 86 and has several health issues. I am asking for your prayers for her recovery plus strength and patience for my sister, Ginger, who is her caregiver.

Thanks!
Ben

You got it brother !

(I feel what you are going through, I am caregiver for my mother and it is always one thing or another that has her hospitalized....especially when they get older.
My condolences for your wife too. )

Our Lord and God ,
I pray for this man’s good health and strength while he is watching over his family. I pray you guide the doctors and nurses as they give modern medical attention to this wonderful mother. I aplso pray that this hospital stay is short and that they will be home before long.
It is in your name we pray.....AMEN

While hypercalcemia can certainly cause confusion it is far more probable that your mother's altered mental status is the result of a urinary tract infection. Older adults, especially females, are prone to UTIs and that is the leading cause of altered mental status in older adults. The ER will probably want to rule that out first then move on to other causes such as hypercalcemia, which would also cause cardiac symptoms.

So sorry to hear of this! My Prayer's go out to her for a quick recovery..For your sister, takes a lot of patience and love to commit yourself, to such a loving task. And for you also, I miss mine every day.

As you may know my wife passed away at the end of November. Now my mom, Helen, is stuck in an ER room with the flu and an elevated calcium level that is causing her to act like she has dementia. She is 86 and has several health issues. I am asking for your prayers for her recovery plus strength and patience for my sister, Ginger, who is her caregiver.

Thanks!
Ben
Prayers just sent. Thanks.

Prayers Upbound

Attachments

• hands.jpg
    hands.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom