• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

Inside 100 yds..a PCC + matching handgun makes a lot of sense for the women & kids..;). Can’t believe no one has mentioned using NV/Thermal handhelds + weapon sights…for procuring food/supplies…as well as defending AGAINST those with them..??
GC Josh GC Josh did earlier but that was before this thread jumped the shark and waded into jet fighter and armored personnel carrier territory.

Them dagblamed mulleminals with their fancy commie choppahs ain't no match fer a feller with a 357 or 38 caliber leever action raffle. I bet he'd shoot their eyes out 'afore they could git out of their Dodge Challengers.

I will See your .357 / .38 lever action and Raise Ya this here bolt-action .30-06....400-yards out.

I'd rather a pistol and a rifle cartridge separate. 9mm and 5.56 make the most sense (could maybe argue for 7.62x39 over 5.56) because they are both relatively easily found in America in a theoretical SHTF scenario. Of course you definitely want something that takes glock and AR pattern mags as well due to easy availability. And the weapon parts so you want a glock and an AR. basically if you want to truly LARP you should buy the 2 most boring, but fundamentally great things and don't look back.

I will See your .357 / .38 lever action and Raise Ya this here bolt-action .30-06....400-yards out.
I am curious to see what it sells for when released. At shot show a company announced a lever action rifle that runs are uppers and magazines. That would be cool to get a lever action in a caliber like 450 bushmaster, or a similar round. Plus running an 870 stock means new calibers and stocks would be easy to get.

I'd rather a pistol and a rifle cartridge separate. 9mm and 5.56 make the most sense (could maybe argue for 7.62x39 over 5.56) because they are both relatively easily found in America in a theoretical SHTF scenario. Of course you definitely want something that takes glock and AR pattern mags as well due to easy availability. And the weapon parts so you want a glock and an AR. basically if you want to truly LARP you should buy the 2 most boring, but fundamentally great things and don't look back.
I would argue you could go for an M&P as well. There have been a growing number of agencies and such that have left glock and moved to other platforms like the M&P.

If you are bugging out in a vehicle as well. Then could have a second upper and ammo for it. Which it could be a heavier round like 450 bushmaster or 300 blackout. which it would be specifically for hunting but also works to knock vehicles out of commission.
300 black out for stopping cars? Are you serious?

Back
Top Bottom