• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

I couldn’t decide, so I took a puma saddle ring carbine and a colt saa both in 45 to one spot, a Rossi 24 inch rifle octagon barrel and a colt python in 357 to another spot and then a marlin in 44 and model 29Smith to another. I also layed on Glocks and kel Tecs in 9mm and 40 with mags and ammo. My grab bags all have 5.56 rifles and Glocks in 40 with barrels in 9mm and 357 sig mags and ammo. Plus each spot has a 22 rifle and handgun along with 12 gauge pump action shotguns. If I need to bug out I can travel in whatever seems to be the path of least resistance to a hideaway. If I don’t make it, then whoever finds the cache has a nice prize
That’s pretty extreme

Exactly. I already live in “the woods”. The folks out here are leery of new faces…if the SHTF, “leery” is gonna be an understatement. No creature goes feral quicker than a human when public services stop. The folks already in the woods are not going to suffer any suburban or urban foolishness up in “our neck of the woods”.

Make friends now, not later.
That is one reason, I want to move out away from the city. Better to be out there before anything happens then to try to get out there after. Even if still viewed as an "outsider" be the people of that area they atleast know who you are rather then being a complete stranger.

That is one reason, I want to move out away from the city. Better to be out there before anything happens then to try to get out there after. Even if still viewed as an "outsider" be the people of that area they atleast know who you are rather then being a complete stranger.
I know almost most of the folks around here. I live in the mountains I will be in.

If i ever have to get into a firefight in this country i sure hope the people i have to fight are using revolvers and lever guns.
The firefight I watched in September in my front yard, bad guy (singular) had a box mag fed 556 and good guys (plural) had 9mm pistols. Both good guys are dead. Bad guy is not.

This made sense for years ago, and honestly 357 out of a lever gun hits like 7.62x39 or 30-30 so it’s good.

But we have different logistics and supply trains. If I want a rifle, I want it to do rifle damage to the target, not pistol damage.

Pistols are for walking around Kroger armed without calling attention to it. Rifles are for ****ing **** up that needs to be shot.

Back
Top Bottom