• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

Going back to the original question- if you wanted one caliber for the two (a pistol and rifle) I’d consider 5.7. FN or Ruger pistol and then an AR pattern rifle. I think for urban or suburban settings it would be a good combo.

The scenarios presented in this thread have definitely given me a lot to think about.

What do you guys think would be the best choice for a personal fighter plane? I was leaning towards a russian mig-29 because I think it gives the best performance for the money and in a real SHTF scenario I could substitute diesel or coleman lantern fuel for jet fuel. However I'm worried about the availability of soviet 20mm cannon shells and air to air missiles. Maybe a world war II P-51 Mustang would be a better choice. It's simpler so I could maintain it with a basic tool kit in my secret underground hanger and .50 BMG is a NATO round so it would probably be easier for me to find a stockpile to keep all six guns in the wings fed.

Bob Lutz of GM would like to participate in this conversation.....

1673449653403.png

The scenarios presented in this thread have definitely given me a lot to think about.

What do you guys think would be the best choice for a personal fighter plane? I was leaning towards a russian mig-29 because I think it gives the best performance for the money and in a real SHTF scenario I could substitute diesel or coleman lantern fuel for jet fuel. However I'm worried about the availability of soviet 20mm cannon shells and air to air missiles. Maybe a world war II P-51 Mustang would be a better choice. It's simpler so I could maintain it with a basic tool kit in my secret underground hanger and .50 BMG is a NATO round so it would probably be easier for me to find a stockpile to keep all six guns in the wings fed.
I prefer the F4 Phantom myself. The jet will accelerate to a point where it'll blow itself apart. " Speed is time, time is speed. "

This thread has run its course. A 9milli would be fine as a secondary weapon. I think a rifle in a intermediate or full size rifle cal will be absolutely necessary for hunting. The initial post was more of thinking that that caliber wouldn't be sufficient for every situation that arises. That a more sizable cartridge and gun would be a necessity. I believe we've heard all the more applicable topics have been hit here.

This thread has run its course. A 9milli would be fine as a secondary weapon. I think a rifle in a intermediate or full size rifle cal will be absolutely necessary for hunting. The initial post was more of thinking that that caliber wouldn't be sufficient for every situation that arises. That a more sizable cartridge and gun would be a necessity. I believe we've heard all the more applicable topics have been hit here.
Yeah, I agree with the thinking that 9mm wouldn't be sufficient for every situation, everyone knows that 45ACP is better anyway:):):)

I prefer the F4 Phantom myself. The jet will accelerate to a point where it'll blow itself apart. " Speed is time, time is speed. "

But the F4 still had true turbojet engines which left a smoke trail several miles long. In a real SHTF scenario a zombie flying a Mig 21 could easily spot you and coordinate with the zombies manning the SAM launchers on the ground to shoot you down. You need to spend less time daydreaming and focus on real world situations

Back
Top Bottom