• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In market for a new 4x4 Pickup - what brand?

Tundra with the twin turbos. After much research I'm close to signing up for one myself.
I'd wait a year or two for them to work out all the issues. All the 2022 Tundras I've seen on dealer lots so far are used and under 1000 miles. Seen a lot of stuff about turbo wastegate failures and bad body fitment issues so far.

If it was something I'd want for the rest of my life, it wouldn't be any new vehicle where the cost's to repair are only going to get higher.

Pick a classic that you love, put in a new drivetrain & build it it the way you want it. Since you're a die hard Chevy guy, buy the old school truck that you would be proud to own, throw in a new 350 with a fresh transmission and go from there. With companies out there like LMC Truck you'll have access to parts to restore it.

If it was something I'd want for the rest of my life, it wouldn't be any new vehicle where the cost's to repair are only going to get higher.

Pick a classic that you love, put in a new drivetrain & build it it the way you want it. Since you're a die hard Chevy guy, buy the old school truck that you would be proud to own, throw in a new 350 with a fresh transmission and go from there. With companies out there like LMC Truck you'll have access to parts to restore it.
Or at the current prices of new trucks with a limited shelf life and outrageous cost of repair...you can buy a completed restomod for the same price or less...and enjoy potential appreciation as time goes on...

Sure they do. I am driving a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. It's almost 20 years old and still running strong, its only got 73,000 Miles though.
OP is referencing possibly purchasing a facory new truck that he wants to last him 25+ years. Your truck was manufactured nearly 20 years ago. Not relevant to my comment.

Is this even a question?

20211119_174655.jpg

Back
Top Bottom