• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In market for a new 4x4 Pickup - what brand?

My third Tundra since 2007 and none, zero, nada, have been in for anything other than routine maintenance and to shorten the accelerator pedal (because of the chance of floor mats catching on the pedal). Never had ANY warranty repairs performed because NONE were needed. My current one is a 2012 with 88,000 miles and I don't plan to sell it even when I buy a new one.

I do, however, plan to buy a new Tundra model with the hybrid engine once availability increases (i.e., demand subsides). My wife has the same hybrid powerplant, less the turbo setup, in her Lexus SUV and it has been awesome, averaging about 33 mpg. The engine (437 horsepower and 583 pounds per foot of torque with the i-FORCE MAX 3.5-liter Twin-Turbo V6 hybrid) has been proven in several Lexus setups and the Toyota Landcruiser.

Will the new turbo setup last a million miles and is it as reliable as the older V8...
So, how long has that engineer worked for Toyota?

And I am in for a million mile/100 year factory warranty.

I am a diehard Chevy guy, but want a pickup for the rest of my life. Don't need a monstrous bed and will not be towing a trailer or camper. Has to be 4 wheel drive though.

So here are my thoughts of what I think I may want, and would like your opinions based on experience of each model and what size motor works best ( more so for reliability):

Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra 1500
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Ford F150

Maybe RAM

Been out of the new car game for a long while because I have always bought used. But the prices on used pickups are very close to new pickups nowadays and some mfrs are offering 0%.
just curious, why did you exclude Nissan as an option?

2023. New Silverado coming out. Very updated interior also new Canyon and Colorado
2023 Ford adding Rattler package to F150 - factory small lift - compete against Chevy Trail Boss

In the same boat as you. Want a new truck but going to wait awhile. Trucks on lots have 5000 bucks added to msrp. I really just need a midsuze
have a 2015 Tacoma Pro now. Been looking at the Ford Ranger Tremor. Ranger Raptor due out in 2023.
new Tacoma due out in 2023. Not sure what engine but probably a turbo something.
new Frontier has a updated v6
2023 is supposed to be turbo, and hybrid is in 2024, IIRC.
That's why I got my 2022 Taco. I do not buy a first year model of anything, including Toyota (and my BIL is Toyota's AVP, so there is certain family loyalty there).

I have not touched any GM products since the bailouts, after they stiffed the shareholders to benefit the UAW. So no opinion either way on GM current offerings.

That's why I got my 2022 Taco. I do not buy a first year model of anything, including Toyota (and my BIL is Toyota's AVP, so there is certain family loyalty there).

I have not touched any GM products since the bailouts, and never will, after they stiffed the shareholders to benefit the UAW.
You should sneak a peek inside an assembly plant. Random visit, not a tour.

I have not touched any GM products since the bailouts, and never will, after they stiffed the shareholders to benefit the UAW.
Of all the forums I read it seems like the GM products (newer models) have the most complaints. Colorado/canyon owners are still complaining about transmission issues and factory rear shocks leaking. This has been going on fir about 6 years. GM response, change transmission fluid and reflash computer several times. You would think they would have work out the problem by now. Having said that the ZR 2 is a good looking truck except for the mid 80’s Chrysler k car interior

Back
Top Bottom