• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In search of AK gun smith (Atlanta metro area)

I received an AK74 in a trade and did not do my due diligence. The rifle needs a new receiver as the one that came with it needs to be replaced. I think I have everything I need for the project.

TIA

Not the first time I've seen pictures of this AK. Idk if you had contacted me about this a month or so ago or not. Totally fixable, might need a new receiver might not just depends. The pictures I saw in the past had me a little concerned it would need a new receiver but yours look a little better. Feel free to pm me or text/call the number in my sig and we can discuss getting her back to her formal glory.

Bulgarian parts kit built on a Hungarian reciever. Don't know how nice of a glock it was but these kits go for $$$ right now especially with the original barrel, btw check it for corrosion or chrome flaking.
Honestly I'd send it to a reputable builder like circle 7 armory in Greenville, TX to have it demilled and built on a Nodak Spud or Childers reciever. Best of luck!

I've never used them. But they provide the service.

https://firearmstrainingacademyga.com/

Why do you feel the receiver needs to be changed?
Re Firearms Traning Academy GA
Decent quality build job. Underhanded business practices. They "lost" a VERY nice fat Polish bakelite grip that was matched to the furniture. Acted like they could not care less when questioned about it. I am sure it ended on one of the employee's AKs.
Prices go up as they feel like it. No set prices, they charge what they want to
In short, stay the hell away from them.

Re Firearms Traning Academy GA
Decent quality build job. Underhanded business practices. They "lost" a VERY nice fat Polish bakelite grip that was matched to the furniture. Acted like they could not care less when questioned about it. I am sure it ended on one of the employee's AKs.
Prices go up as they feel like it. No set prices, they charge what they want to
In short, stay the hell away from them.

Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom