• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the market for a new pickup.....

At the Chevy dealership I work at we have no new vehicles, any that do trickle in are already sold, the new car department has them sold months before we get them, the used car department is repairing all used cars no matter how bad off they are, spending crazy money on them repair wise, where I work in service we can’t get rebuilt engines from gm or any aftermarket source, we have cars waiting 3 to 4 weeks on parts to rebuilt them, I don’t know what customers do to get around we have no loaners or rentals, the tech next to me has a 2012 Tahoe that needs an engine, he has to rebuilt it, with machine work and all the parts it came to 9100.00 dollars! That’s crazy but the owner has no choice used cars are too expensive right now. We are in crazy times.

I also work in the automotive industry and pretty much everything that has already been said in this thread is true. Right now is a horrible time to buy a car, especially a full-size truck or SUV. I think it will take at least a year but eventually the market will crash.

Dealers sticking it to people. Coworker bought a new Chevy diesel truck for $77000.00. $4000 dealer pkg and $10000 markup. He also bought GAP insurance for good reason. No way in hell I'll pay that for a truck but to each his own.

If you really want that truck anytime in the next year or so I would try to negotiate the additional dealer markup off of the price and go with the MSRP, your probably not going to get a tacoma or tundra for less than MSRP for a while. Toyota has to cut production by 40% this month due to parts shortages. MSRP is about all you can hope for on Toyota trucks right now, unless you find someone living in a hole for the past year, a used one is gonna be overpriced....Its actually cheaper to buy a new tacoma at MSRP right now than a used one.... If you don't have to buy a Tacoma right now, I would wait.

I bought a new one about a week after they started shutting down businesses last year when Covid hit....I paid what I wanted to since it was that magic week when every business thought it was going to fail due to job loss and lack of sales etc...I made a few big purchases during that period and saved a ton of money.

Even before things got nuts, salesmen would be pretty bold with Tacomas. Had them try to boldly cheat me when I was in the market years ago. They're always in demand. I don't see them having any wiggle room right now with the crazy market. Put it on the back burner and revisit later on.

I have a new GMC AT4 that should be coming in this week. Got 3k off sticker price, but they’re giving me more on my trade in than what I paid for it last year. Not too bad of a deal right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom