• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the market for a new pickup.....

I was at Milton Martin Toyota this past week getting my wife's oil change and picking up filters for my tundra and a salesman said they've been calling people that bought tacomas from them last year to see if they'd sell them back for what they paid for them.

I was at Milton Martin Toyota this past week getting my wife's oil change and picking up filters for my tundra and a salesman said they've been calling people that bought tacomas from them last year to see if they'd sell them back for what they paid for them.

That really shows that there ain't much money in the actual vehicle - it's all about that financing!

I am looking for a new Toyota Tacoma pickup. Prefer TRD 4WD manual trans. Bwahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Got a call this morning from a dealer I left my pseudo name at to call me when they start coming in. Said he had 3 '21 models coming in, and won't get anymore till Feb. '22 (bull shiite!).

I asked what his price was on the color I wanted...the sales manager said...MSRP plus an addendum of $5,000. So I ask, an addendum?...do you mean a reduction off of the MSRP? He said no, a premium on top of the MSRP due to the fact you will not be able to get any news ones till '22.

So I said, "I have NEVER ever paid MSRP for any new vehicle, let alone pay over MSRP. "Tell you what, you call me next year when you want to make a sale, as I am good for now, so no rush".

What the ****!?! So, I guess I will settle for a 4wd extended cab or single cab for now. Who has one for sale???
A guy I work with said they were looking at cars for his wife and was also quoted the same thing about the 5,000 extra fee. This was from over the weekend.

I have a bud who works for a corporate job for a major brand. He said everything that lands at the dealer is already sold and they expect the chip shortage to run at least through 2022. Crazy times.
I was told by a company that supplies a lot of the equipment for auto dealers, that it will be at least 2024 before all gets caught up.

I am looking for a new Toyota Tacoma pickup. Prefer TRD 4WD manual trans. Bwahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Got a call this morning from a dealer I left my pseudo name at to call me when they start coming in. Said he had 3 '21 models coming in, and won't get anymore till Feb. '22 (bull shiite!).

I asked what his price was on the color I wanted...the sales manager said...MSRP plus an addendum of $5,000. So I ask, an addendum?...do you mean a reduction off of the MSRP? He said no, a premium on top of the MSRP due to the fact you will not be able to get any news ones till '22.

So I said, "I have NEVER ever paid MSRP for any new vehicle, let alone pay over MSRP. "Tell you what, you call me next year when you want to make a sale, as I am good for now, so no rush".

What the ****!?! So, I guess I will settle for a 4wd extended cab or single cab for now. Who has one for sale???
I saw a clean 2015 white Tacoma 4D, 2WD, 124K in a guy's yard today in Madison. He is asking $23,700. PM for his number if interested.
OP I have a 2019 TRD Sport 4wd V6 Automatic with around 5000 miles on it if you're interested. My Dad has a 2021 4 runner 4wd with about the same miles he'd sell as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0002[1].JPG
    IMG_0002[1].JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0003[1].JPG
    IMG_0003[1].JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0004[1].JPG
    IMG_0004[1].JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0005[1].JPG
    IMG_0005[1].JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0006[1].JPG
    IMG_0006[1].JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 9
Just called my local Toyota dealer. They offered 37,500 for my truck. Think I will take it down there in a day or 2 and sell it.

Thanks for the heads up on the current market values.

I have a 2004 Dodge Laramie Hemi 4 door loaded. 14, 678 miles. My insurance agent Company owner asked me if I would sell.
No.
I have a Jeep Columbia Edition high out put 8 cylinder 94,000
Was asked what I would sell for. I said dont know I think 6500.00 He came out looked at it and said 6500 ok. I said my wife said no.
2 years ago I tried to sell it for 5000.00 and crickets.
I wont sell now until the market comes down.

Back
Top Bottom