• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inappropriate for school?

Soon after I retired from the Southern Company, they deemed that The Confederate Flag was a sign of oppression and discrimination.
If I had still been employed then, I would have painted my entire truck as a Confederate Flag and drove it to work. lol

I taught school for many years and I wore shirts with NRA logo, Colt logo, and Glock logo for years and nothing was ever said. When I taught at Cherokee High in Canton it amused me that the students wore Big Johnson shirts and the administration didn't have a clue what the shirts meant. About 10 years ago the principal banned Dixie Outfitters shirts and the resulting backlash made the national news for weeks.

t49r6749hs.image.700x700.jpg

As a throw back - when I wa sin high school in the EARLY 90's in Conyers, a friend wore a shirt that read:

"God doesn't need a dam, He can walk on water"

And all hell broke loose. There was a meeting, parents called and finally somebody just said "don't wear it again"....how times have changed.

I say let him wear it and see what happens. If it gets "banned" we can have the first ever ODT "All T-Shrirts Matter" rally out front of the school.

So my son loves to watch this kid on YouTube, Kendall Gray. He hunts, traps, shoots guns (mostly .22's and air rifles) and does some fishing. He also ends his videos with a bible verse and talks about what it means. Something I don't mind him watching at all.

So about a month ago I ordered one of his shirts for my son. He was really excited to wear it to school and show his friends. He did. They loved it because some of them watch him too. Seemed everything was fine. Then this morning my wife lays it out for him to wear to school. He tells me he can't wear it again because his teacher told him it was inappropriate for school since it had a bullet on it. If he did they would take some kind of disciplinary action. Really?

Am the only one that thinks this is kind of stupid?

The shirt...
View attachment 2132908

More, Liberal Crap. I told my son if you are being bullied in school tell the teacher, if the teacher does NOTHING Fight Back. He did and when he went to the Principle's office he was dancing. They asked him why was he dancing he told them my dad said if I fight back, he will take me to the Movies. They reported me to my Commanding Officer. My Commander was a real Kick-Ass officer. He said if you would have done your job, when MSgt Vasquez's son reported the bullying, I would have him here Tomm, but he has the day off to take his son to the Movies. Happened in Boston MA, 1999.

I’d call that teachers bluff hard. What punishment from 4th grade could ever hold any weight beyond the day it happened? No risk, much personal reward.

Our kids have to wear uniforms so, we’ve never had a problem that would compare. But, if there is nothing in the dress code that would specifically prohibit the shirt, I would speak to the principal.

Back
Top Bottom