• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inappropriate for school?

It bull dude. My wife is a teacher and my son and I shoot a lot. I bought him some shirts that had similar characteristics and I was told no he could not wear it he would be sent home. Possibly expelled. Liberals kill me

Schools have a BS zero tolerance policy. Nothing gun/shooting/weapon related can be worn. I got in trouble for wearing a neon yellow shirt that said "slippery when wet"

I would take the shirt and go visit the Principle and ask her/him what is objectionable about the shirt. And, I would also ask about what steps the school takes to support the 1st Amendment.

Big controversy at my school back in the late 70's...

A1ntnF3PJOL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C81vC6-6UqwL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX342_.png

So my son loves to watch this kid on YouTube, Kendall Gray. He hunts, traps, shoots guns (mostly .22's and air rifles) and does some fishing. He also ends his videos with a bible verse and talks about what it means. Something I don't mind him watching at all.

So about a month ago I ordered one of his shirts for my son. He was really excited to wear it to school and show his friends. He did. They loved it because some of them watch him too. Seemed everything was fine. Then this morning my wife lays it out for him to wear to school. He tells me he can't wear it again because his teacher told him it was inappropriate for school since it had a bullet on it. If he did they would take some kind of disciplinary action. Really?

Am the only one that thinks this is kind of stupid?

The shirt...
View attachment 2132908
OP, check with your local 4-H Extension Office and see if they offer the SAFE program in your county. Why? If your child is on the team they can wear their team shirt to school. These shirts usually have the 4-H SAFE logo on them and since 4-H is a school approved activity there is not much they can do. It’s a good way to challenge this type of idiotic policy.

68B85AFC-55A3-44E8-9E11-CDDB3913E8F0.png

4-H offers several programs including rifle (bb gun, air rifle, .22 rimfire), archery (recurve, compound), air pistol, and shotgun. Some programs start as early as the 4th grade (bb gun and archery).

Back
Top Bottom