• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inconsistent trail cams.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I have noticed that at least one of my trail cams does not take pics of everything that comes by. I thought is was a rare occurrence, but I'm starting to think it's happening a lot.

There have been several times now that I have seen deer (and once coyotes) that the cam did not get pics of. I do get a lot of pics, but there doesn't seem to be any difference in the positioning of the deer or light between the times it takes pics and the times it doesn't. This has happened with the camera at three different locations.

Has anyone else experienced this?

What brand is it? I have six cameras, by three manufacturers. I recently purchased a Wildgame Innovations Shadow and set it up watching a buck decoy. I personally witnessed two different bucks walk around the decoy, but when I checked the SD card, I only had very delayed videos. Upon checking the specs on Trailcampro.com, I discovered that the trigger speed for video mode was almost three seconds. So, I was missing shots or getting the azz end. That doesn't make for a very good game monitoring device. It was returned.

What brand is it? I have six cameras, by three manufacturers. I recently purchased a Wildgame Innovations Shadow and set it up watching a buck decoy. I personally witnessed two different bucks walk around the decoy, but when I checked the SD card, I only had very delayed videos. Upon checking the specs on Trailcampro.com, I discovered that the trigger speed for video mode was almost three seconds. So, I was missing shots or getting the azz end. That doesn't make for a very good game monitoring device. It was returned.
Brownings. I'm very pleased with the quality of the pics and the night vision tech. I've been using this particular one for about three years now.

I have five others, four of which are the same model, but I don't get to spend nearly as much time hunting over those cams. I'm wondering if the motion sensor is starting to fail in this one. I'm going to swap it out for one of the others, but those cameras are a 4 hour round trip away, so it might be a while before I can.

Maybe I just need to clean the sensor lens better, but it looks clear to me.

I walked right in front of my camera one day on the way in. I was expecting a picture of myself but didn't get one. I'm using a spypoint micro link. Makes you wonder what else it's missing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I walked right in front of my camera one day on the way in. I was expecting a picture of myself but didn't get one. I'm using a spypoint micro link. Makes you wonder what else it's missing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Exactly! I know there is a big boy in the area, but don't have any pics of him since the 27th.

I started experiencing a similar occurrence once my batteries become low on power. Put fresh ones in and it was back to normal. YMMV

Exactly! I know there is a big boy in the area, but don't have any pics of him since the 27th.
I shot him on the 28th.

Im kidding. I wish you the best of luck. Knowing there is a big boy there makes it worth getting up and going. Hopefully you have time to see set and see him in person.

My Browning trail cam seems erratic. Once the batteries get to less than 50% it is worthless. The on/off switch has gotten soft and spongy, about like my head

Back
Top Bottom