• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Increasing the capacity of a .22 LR Pistol

Hey RamRoddoc! You were online just a minute ago just before I registered.. But anyway, I just wanted to ask you how your AA conversion kit is for your Glock 17. Im really looking into getting one but I came across lots of angry customers who bought Glock conversion kits and had lots of jams and FTF etc. I seen your post about fixing or slightly modifying your Glock to make it work a lot better and I'm just asking for an update on how it preforms! Sorry for reviving a dead post x.x

No sweat and for someone so far away I'll pull from memory. The early AA models for Glock pistols had a notice to run CCI or Remington Golden bullets (solids) in order for it to run well. True to the note I had issues with other brands and some turned it into a single shot pistol.

The extractors have been updated and it sounds like if you have an older model it's a simple swap from what I hear. You can also remove some extractor meat that as the slide goes into battery it allows the extractor to lift off the cartridge rim, just use care with metal removal or you will ruin it.

The magazine feed lips have been updated too from what I hear. Mine were older and from the marks it was easy to see where some plastic needed to thinned out some.

The best source was the link to Glock Talk I think, it was included in the weapons review section. I'd check there too for updates. It runs great with CCI and Remington bullets and will even feed Federal. It still despises Winchester bulk packs (36 HP) as does nealy all my semi-autos save for a rare 1 or 2.

The magazine with the AA G27 magazine parts will allow 15 rounds. I need to correct this post. I think I got 13 easy in the self modified magazine using a lead .44 bullet as stock.

Oh and welcome to the trader JustinGTL.

Thanx for the quick reply back! I currently have all my capital invested in my business but since the season is slowing town a bit hopefully I can grab enough to get a Glock 17 with an AA conversion.
My long term goals are to get the slide chromed out and buy a Roni G2 for Glocks! They look like tons of fun at the range, but I might have to wait until next year to get the Roni pistol-carbine conversion kit.

I want to chrome the Glock to get it engraved :)

I know i am late to the game.
I am waiting on my 17 conversiom kit to arrive.

Are you saying that replacing the AA glock 17 mag follower and plunger with AA glock 27 mag follwer and plunger will get15 rounds in the AA 17 ten round mag? No drilling or filling needed.

Sweet!!! Cant wait for the responses.

Back
Top Bottom