• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Increasing the sell price... (Thread closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gif (1).gif

Hell yeah! Raise the price, lower the price, who cares. It will move when the price point and the right buyer come to an agreement. If you throw a good deal out there and it sits, why not bump up the price as it's sitting there anyways. If someone needs to move an item quickly, it will be priced accordingly. I put a great deal up for 1 day and said it's going to gun broker if it doesn't move. It's now on gun broker for a two week auction. I'll find out how "good" of a price I had it at. Things are slow for averaged prices and even some decent deals right now, good deals seem to go FAST!!!!

Maybe the wife's on his case about having to many guns and to keep her happy he's showing her he's "trying" to sell some. Though not the same way as this post, I've been there, done that and still have all my guns.

I'm tired of these type threads. Just tired. But, its like watching a disaster occur. You're just drawn to it.

So much pissing and moaning about prices, building your own guns and parts used. It's the kind of thing that drives people to other sites to try to sell their item. :confused2:

Yeah, they may sell it for a price more in line with what the "ranter" wanted (mission accomplished); but somebody else on another site got it for that price.

Pile on, Wayne. Pile on, Garth.

images.jpg

I've seen this strategy work in real life. I was liquidating the contents of houses in the Bay Area in 1999 - 2001 and I ran a sales crew Friday through Sunday, on premises. On a Saturday afternoon I noticed a framed print in the style of Erté lying on the floor with a $15 price tag on it. The set-up crew had priced it earlier that week. No one seemed to think much of it at $15. On Sunday afternoon I picked it up, cleaned it off and changed the price to $150.00 and hung it on the wall near the cash register. Not 10 minutes later I had two guys fighting (I mean literally wrestling and jabbing each other) over who was going to buy it. Finally, one of the two offered more than $200 for it so I sold it to him but I thought I was going to have to call the cops. Who the hell knows why people buy what they do and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom