• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Indoor ranges and permanent damage Lead isn't the #1 killer.

Week or two ago some high idiot was bump firing from the hip with rounds all over the mountainside at Riverbend. So even at a nice outdoor range you have mow-rons, thankfully an RO saw him and I heard was shown the gate. SRGC has declined into a haven for 1 weekend NRA instructors catering to people who have no holster and flag themselves and everyone else. Months back even a cop instructor had students practicing retention shooting behind the backs of others and I literally drove the golf cart into their bay screaming STOP STOP. I have about 20 stories like that but just got tired of being constantly flagged by carbines, AKs and pistols and walked away from that membership. The pres of the club says there is nothing wrong and we're idiots, haha. We all have done stupid things but the attitude they have dictates mine. Some people should not own guns at all. Or fly airplanes, operate chain saws, drive on the highway and so on LOL.

So the ranges with rubber chip backstop worse than the other ranges with other backdrops? I recently joined membership at ga firing line but it has rubber chips backstop and is hot/muggy and taste it after I leave. Never get that at bigwoods goods. Much cleaner and cooler feeling but they also don’t have chips as berm at bigwoods

Even while shooting at ga firing line ya taste it and smell it strong. Don’t plan on staying on there . Just was cheaper to join than a one time visit

So the ranges with rubber chip backstop worse than the other ranges with other backdrops? I recently joined membership at ga firing line but it has rubber chips backstop and is hot/muggy and taste it after I leave. Never get that at bigwoods goods. Much cleaner and cooler feeling but they also don’t have chips as berm at bigwoods

Even while shooting at ga firing line ya taste it and smell it strong. Don’t plan on staying on there . Just was cheaper to join than a one time visit
Every round that hits the rubber fills the air with everything that settled on it overnight. So when you shine a bright light near the back stop you can see literally millions of particles suspended in the air that you are breathing the entire time there. Modern ranges suck air hard enough that everything is pulled away from you through extreme HEPA filters and recycled every 30-60 seconds. Plus the berm is made of hardened steel which retains very little pollution and can be cleaned. If those ranges are cleaned regularly they can be extremely safe. If those HEPAs are not swapped often and nobody cleans the range, not as good. Sandy Springs, Norcross, GFL, Bullseye Lawrenceville, Bullseye Cumming, JC, Trading Place, Athens Gun Club are all older style ranges. Subject to corrections.... SSUSA and Ga Gun Club have new systems. I ran a weekly 6 hour class for 3 years at GGC with zero issues to my breathing. I still use these other places to buy guns or brief testing in the day hours when nobody is there.

Every round that hits the rubber fills the air with everything that settled on it overnight. So when you shine a bright light near the back stop you can see literally millions of particles suspended in the air that you are breathing the entire time there. Modern ranges suck air hard enough that everything is pulled away from you through extreme HEPA filters and recycled every 30-60 seconds. Plus the berm is made of hardened steel which retains very little pollution and can be cleaned. If those ranges are cleaned regularly they can be extremely safe. If those HEPAs are not swapped often and nobody cleans the range, not as good. Sandy Springs, Norcross, GFL, Bullseye Lawrenceville, Bullseye Cumming, JC, Trading Place, Athens Gun Club are all older style ranges. Subject to corrections.... SSUSA and Ga Gun Club have new systems. I ran a weekly 6 hour class for 3 years at GGC with zero issues to my breathing. I still use these other places to buy guns or brief testing in the day hours when nobody is there.
Good 2 know. I’ll stick with bigwoodsgoods and skip on the GFL range. That’s one thing I noticed right away when I went from bigwoods to gfl is air quality and even temperature. Aways hot at gfl. Like no airflow at all

Back
Top Bottom