• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Indoor ranges and permanent damage Lead isn't the #1 killer.

Basically put that target in a dimly lit building, turn off the A/C and open a window somewhere with a box fan on the sill, and invite some inner city yutes to come inside and blast away with 5" barreled AK47s and drum mag fed 12 gauge shotguns and there you have it. The indoor range experience.
While being flagged with muzzles while fingers are on triggers....

Yeah governors is not far but indoor.
Although Riverbend GC is about 50 minutes from Acworth it's probably the best all around outdoor club I've ever seen and any of us that are members can refer you. It's like disney world for shooting in every discipline. The rifle and pistol ranges are amazing and the members are ultra safe. I think there was a club up around Adairsville area starting up a decade or more ago. Then of course the John's mountain WMA range is decent for what it is. Someone more knowledgeable might have more suggestions.

Indoor shooting is inevitably a bit of a crapshoot, between inadequate ventilation and poor range safety. I don't shoot indoors much, but when I do I try and find a quiet time and visit Appalachian Gun up the GA-5I5 in Jasper.

It's pretty clean, and pretty safe when it's not busy. It's $20 for a whole day, but you still pay that if all you really want is a half hour to get some glass dialed in. I've used their facilities a couple of times and haven't been flagged yet. The backstop is some kind of composite material which seems to work fine, and the ventilation seems to work pretty well - at least when there are only a few shooters on the line.

It's quite a distance from Acworth, but at least the highway is pretty direct.

Back
Top Bottom