• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inflation is here

I agree about the friends, but I'm newer to the area and it's been slow going. Working on it, and this page has been the best way to meet like minded people.

I'm not sure I agree with you on the stocks thing. the depressions/recessions of the past have made many an "average man" very wealthy and able to keep up with inflation. If, at the start of covid, you pulled your money out you locked in a loss. If you realized it was (likely) a short term thing and continued to put money in, you would have much more than you started with.

I'm not thinking the US will completely collapse. The world is too connected for that to come to fruition. But I own shares of American companies, foreign companies, etc. I have skills that would work well in any industrialized nation or 3rd world hell hole. I don't want to be in the latter, but understand it may end up coming to us. Not all my eggs are in that basket. Some is in PMs, some is in lead, some is in property, etc.

I'm working every day on physical stuff and mental, learning all I can, becoming more self sufficient whenever possible. I think all we can do is all we can do, and as long as we're a little better today than yesterday it's a win.

It’s always best to diversify your assets. If nothing changes then you’re covered if things go south you can still float along depending on what assets you have. Warrior poet society did a whole video on that which was pretty cool

I’m right down the road from you in Woodstock. Always down to grab a beer with a fellow ODT guy

We’re in the process of ramping up our garden this year. It’ll be a little larger plus I’m going to try sowing in succession this year. Pretty much pick up an extra couple cans or a pound or two of rice/beans/pasta when we grocery shop. Just put together a dedicated hunting rifle so I’ll be giving that a shot (so to speak) this year as well.

My end goal is getting it sold and picking up between 20-30 acres and building a house on it. I want to be able to hunt in back yard. We'll have a large garden with some chicken's. I'm ready to get to a point of being self sustainable.
Keep in mind you can always score a small plot that borders the national forest and save some $$$ on land purchase and taxes.
We got a four acre spread that borders the NF has three cabins that all needed redone , dirt cheap.
Can hunt the back 35,000 acres all season.

I bet they are just thinking “poor guy probably tired from working so hard “. Could not be anything else lol
Nah I’m always outside doing something.
They never see me tired but they all call
Me to help with their downed trees, broken vehicles, lonely wives…….scratch that last one.

I agree about the friends, but I'm newer to the area and it's been slow going. Working on it, and this page has been the best way to meet like minded people.

I'm not sure I agree with you on the stocks thing. the depressions/recessions of the past have made many an "average man" very wealthy and able to keep up with inflation. If, at the start of covid, you pulled your money out you locked in a loss. If you realized it was (likely) a short term thing and continued to put money in, you would have much more than you started with.

I'm not thinking the US will completely collapse. The world is too connected for that to come to fruition. But I own shares of American companies, foreign companies, etc. I have skills that would work well in any industrialized nation or 3rd world hell hole. I don't want to be in the latter, but understand it may end up coming to us. Not all my eggs are in that basket. Some is in PMs, some is in lead, some is in property, etc.

I'm working every day on physical stuff and mental, learning all I can, becoming more self sufficient whenever possible. I think all we can do is all we can do, and as long as we're a little better today than yesterday it's a win.
I have a feeling the global communist cabal is going to seize all assets with the Biden camp leading the charge along with Trudeau.
Bill Clinton used to muse about it.

I don't get out much. Went and did a little shopping today and sticker shock doesn't begin to cover it...those prices reached out and bitch slapped me across the face.

Back
Top Bottom