• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Informative article about the current administrations so-called"terror watchlist" & guns

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
This article seems well-written & sheds some light on the current administrations apparent intent w/ "taking or keeping guns out of the hands of terrorists".

I'm not much of an alarmist but if they can ever pass that kind of legislation private gun-ownership would be in great danger... a few owners at a time.

Heres an excerpt:

“That list, which contained 47,000 names at the end of George W. Bush’s presidency, has grown to nearly 700,000 people on President Obama’s watch. The fact that they are names, not identities, has led to misidentifications and confusion, ensnaring many innocent people. But surely those names are there for good reason, right?” the Daytona Beach News-Journal editorial board reports.

“Not really. According to the technology website TechDirt.com, 40 percent of those on the FBI’s watch list — 280,000 people — are considered to have no affiliation with recognized terrorist groups. All it takes is for the government to declare is has ‘reasonable suspicion’ that someone could be a terrorist,” the paper continues. “There is no hard evidence required, and the standard is notoriously vague and elastic.”

Currently, legislative proposals in Congress to prevent “terrorists” from purchasing firearms in the United States would require anyone who is simply named on the list to be banned from purchasing a firearm and would do nothing to clean up the list to focus on people truly associated with terrorist organizations. It shouldn’t be surprising that gun control zealot Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is leading the way, Bill of Rights and due process be damned.

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO4l6hDV1WZzEBRVWbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTQ2cmFsMWMwBGJwb3MDMQRjY29kZQNkd2hfbG9nZ2VyXzIEY3BvcwM0BGN0AzEEZwM2NWNiZmVhOS01M2JlLTM0MjAtOGZiMC02YmVkMmE2OWMwMmYEaW50bAN1cwRpdGMDMARwa2d0AzQEcG9zAzEEc2VjA3RkLXN0cm0Ec2xrA3RpdGxlBHRlc3QDOTAx/RV=1/RE=1450148513/RH=aHNyZC55YWhvby5jb20-/RO=2/RU=aHR0cDovL3RoZWhpbGwuY29tL29waW5pb24va2F0aWUtcGF2bGljaC8yNjE1NTUtdGhlLW9iYW1hLWFkbWluaXN0cmF0aW9uLW5vdC10aGUtbnJhLXNlbGxzLWd1bnMtdG8tdGVycm9yaXN0cw--/RS=^ADA5hS4O1yZRoNIsx1V1bQDmc0ow9g-

Last edited:
Sadly, its inevitable with the way the majority of this country "thinks" these days. Whenever anything "bad" happens, the immediate solution is for the government to ban/restrict/tax the first thing that comes to their beady little minds. There just hasn't been a horrible enough outrage yet.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is leading the way, Bill of Rights and due process be damned.

That last part is the kicker, capitol hill can pass any laws they can get away with. However, if it is clearly unconstitutional it will never live forever.

With a Republican house and senate this to me in my opinion is simple chest thumping and Dianne wears a breast plate now from overuse. I did contact my congress critter and senator snakes just to add clarity to decision.

The idea of a "watch list" is good.
The govt should just watch. Observe.
Maybe even track and spy, given reasonable justification for concern.
But to forbid somebody from exercising their rights, including the right to travel, and the right to bear arms, should require an individual hearing with the Govt disclosing its evidence and the accused given s chance to explain or refute it. Then a neutral judge should decide if there are grounds.

That last part is the kicker, capitol hill can pass any laws they can get away with. However, if it is clearly unconstitutional it will never live forever.

With a Republican house and senate this to me in my opinion is simple chest thumping and Dianne wears a breast plate now from overuse. I did contact my congress critter and senator snakes just to add clarity to decision.

You can only imagine if we did not have the house and senate. The realities of what we are facing if we ever lose all 3 branches again is very dark indeed. The other side is out for blood. There is no mistake about that.

Back
Top Bottom