• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ing for hancipapped accessible fishing near Cumming

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
361   0
Reaction score
And not Lake Lanier, couldn't eat whatever I caught, and prefer private lakes/ponds accessible by vehicle, willing to pay if necessary. Please PM if you know of a place.

In for answers. I have a 78 year old uncle who isn't very mobile anymore. He can walk on a reasonably level and clean gravel path, but not on the rocky, steeply-sloped, muddy, or pine-straw-covered (slippery) trails around the edge of Lake Lanier. He can't deal with grapefuit-sized rocks in the trail and tree roots sticking up to trip him.

Fellas, about the best place I've found is Charleston Park on Lake Lanier.
It's about the only place I can think of that fits the bill.

It's a very short walk down to the lake from the right side of the parking lot.
There's a level cleared area in the shade and on the grass where you can pop a chair.

Fishing isn't spectacular, but I've caught a couple different kinds of catfish and both largemouth and spotted bass as well as bream.
It's still a bit of a downhill slope, but it's not terrible, it's a very very short walk down.

(I got my old buddy Joe down there many times and he was in real bad shape..... I sure miss my old buddy Joe.....)

RiverBend RiverBend - Don't forget that little reservoir past the range on the left! $5 to fish, opens at 8am, but they let you in at 7:30 most of the time. Last time there an older couple were fishing with crickets off bobbers for bream. The old fella was sitting in a chair on the shore and his wife was fishing off a little walkway they have to the right of the boat launch. They were keeping the good sized ones, they fillet them and fry them up.

RiverBend RiverBend - Don't forget that little reservoir past the range on the left! $5 to fish, opens at 8am, but they let you in at 7:30 most of the time. Last time there an older couple were fishing with crickets off bobbers for bream. The old fella was sitting in a chair on the shore and his wife was fishing off a little walkway they have to the right of the boat launch. They were keeping the good sized ones, they fillet them and fry them up.

Jon boat with electric motor would give you full access to that lake and its close to home!

There is a private residence on hwy 9 just north of 318. They have a little shed at the entrance driveway with a mason jar. It's been a while since I fished there but the sign said one dollar to fish all day. Inflation may have hit and it may cost more but lake had crappy and large mouth. You could drive your car right up to the lake. Nice level grade with hardly any slope.

They keep the grass cut and the area would be perfect for someone in a wheelchair.

I am attaching pictures from google.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.PNG
    IMG_2236.PNG
    515.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2237.PNG
    IMG_2237.PNG
    131.8 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom