• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Input on ammo for Tikka 30-06

Try some 165grn and/or 180grn Federal Fusions and Georgia Arms Accubonds/Ballistic Tips. All those have always shot great in my .30'06's.

I think you might be golden with the 165 SSTs. Have been googling all afternoon and folks seem to have better accuracy with 165/168 grain in the Tikka. Everything I shot today was 150 grain. Next attempt will be 168 gr. Barnes and 165 gr. Nosler Trophy Accubonds. Would like an elk-capable round that shoots MOA or better. Please keep me posted on the SSTs you ordered! I went with DNZ mounts and could not be happier. Never touch windage knob today, and was dead on at 100 yards with 4 clicks up of elevation. Love the rifle, but be warned, it kicks like a mule - even the other guys at the range were "damn, what are you shooting over there?".

I immediately added a Limbsaver recoil pad, Tikka ultralight rings, and a Leupold VX3i 3.5x10 to my Tikka T3 3006. I may change to a Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x50 scope so I can dial for longer shots out west - that is why I want to try the Superformance 165 SSTs. I have shot about 40 of my "moderate" power reloads with the 155s for practice so far. The new pad helps offset the light weight of the T3 - I bought it to carry as we hike in, around, and back out hunting.

Back
Top Bottom