• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Input on VZ58 muzzle devices?

I looked at a bunch when i got my vz2008 because with the recoil and the folding stock it was not a fun gun to shoot. Felt like getting punched in the cheek every time I pulled the trigger. I paracord wrapped it and that just left me with rope burn and a bruise. This comp/brake made all the difference. Just put in the order notes whether it is for a VZ 58 or 2008. I let them know it was for a VZ2008 and it threaded on perfectly and was correctly timed with the detent.
Knurled Compensator - M14 X 1 RH

Not to hijack the thread but...I have a couple of 2008 like em both very much. For the VZ58 owners, what's the biggest difference other than 3x the price?
Certainly I understand collectibility like a real FN FAL versus a clone.

Not to hijack the thread but...I have a couple of 2008 like em both very much. For the VZ58 owners, what's the biggest difference other than 3x the price?
Certainly I understand collectibility like a real FN FAL versus a clone.
The one thing that I have found - coincidentally, by the way - is that the receivers do not have the same geometry. The angles of the milling cuts from the top to the bottom are different. I bought the FAB Defense VFR-VZ and had to spend about a half hour with a file to get it to mate up.

Also, according to CNC Warrior, the 2008's have different threading than the original VZ58's.

Back
Top Bottom