• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inside Alabama’s Auto Jobs Boom: Cheap Wages, Little Training, Crushed Limbs

Wow. I find this hard to believe.

My company will fire you for a LO/TO violation. They don't mess with safety.

That poor girl just wanted to do her job and get home.

Stupid bitch violated Lock Out-Tag out procedures and got hurt, imagine that. I have no sympathy as her actions could have hurt or killed other people. All because she was in a rush...
Fire her ass.

There's a reason the robot is kept in a cage and/or surrounded by guarding. Stay the **** out!

Industrial equipment is dangerous, those guards are there for a reason.

Farming is even more dangerous, though, and farmers do not get benefits that employees do.

This place is about a 10-15 minute drive from me. Went down there for an interview years ago and the job description was 100% different from the actual job. That's par for the course but at the end of the day, everyone is grown and they have to make their own decisions. I decided against working there, she didn't.

Ajin, according to OSHA, had never given the workers their own safety locks and training on how to use them

I can believe this. I've done temp manufacturing jobs in this area before. You're pretty much thrown in and MIGHT get a brief safety overview. People are needed and it's on-the-job training. However, the team leader should have known OSHA protocols and should have known to activate the robot shutoff. Actually should have been keeping a better eye on things and not allowed the employee to go dancing with the robot in the first place. Especially in a manufacturing environment. You might get home later but you're still getting paid; just roll with it. That's the trade-off at one of these manufacturing plants, and if you don't like it, you can always go home and stay there.

I remember hearing about this incident last year and it's quite sad, but these places are dangerous and there is no room for negligence. But it's rejuvenated this entire area and if you needed a job this morning, you can usually be on an assembly line this afternoon. But it's not for everyone.

I've worked in plants before. The people that run them don't give a rats ass about the workers. It's all about PRODUCTION. If somebody gets injured or killed, **** em. Roll em out of the way and get another poor bastard in there to take their place. Keep those parts coming!!!

I've had supervisors tell me to make all kinda dangerous shortcuts to get those parts out faster. I did it because I was young and dumb. I was lucky that I never got hurt, but I've seen other people get hurt BAD by machinery.

I'm glad I don't do that kinda work anymore and hope I don't ever have to go back to it.

I've worked in plants before. The people that run them don't give a rats ass about the workers. It's all about PRODUCTION. If somebody gets injured or killed, **** em. Roll em out of the way and get another poor bastard in there to take their place. Keep those parts coming!!!

I've had supervisors tell me to make all kinda dangerous shortcuts to get those parts out faster. I did it because I was young and dumb. I was lucky that I never got hurt, but I've seen other people get hurt BAD by machinery.

I'm glad I don't do that kinda work anymore and hope I don't ever have to go back to it.

i worked at an auto parts assembly plant and can vouch for this first hand
its keep your mouth shut or we will find someone else

This place is about a 10-15 minute drive from me. Went down there for an interview years ago and the job description was 100% different from the actual job. That's par for the course but at the end of the day, everyone is grown and they have to make their own decisions. I decided against working there, she didn't.

I can believe this. I've done temp manufacturing jobs in this area before. You're pretty much thrown in and MIGHT get a brief safety overview. People are needed and it's on-the-job training. However, the team leader should have known OSHA protocols and should have known to activate the robot shutoff. Actually should have been keeping a better eye on things and not allowed the employee to go dancing with the robot in the first place. Especially in a manufacturing environment. You might get home later but you're still getting paid; just roll with it. That's the trade-off at one of these manufacturing plants, and if you don't like it, you can always go home and stay there.

I remember hearing about this incident last year and it's quite sad, but these places are dangerous and there is no room for negligence. But it's rejuvenated this entire area and if you needed a job this morning, you can usually be on an assembly line this afternoon. But it's not for everyone.

I can't, I worked for Kia for a couple of years. Every employee was given 2 locks, with their picture on it. There was a no tolerance policy there for LO/TO. I was a maintenance team member there, we were never asked to do anything unsafe.....although we tried from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom