• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inside Alabama’s Auto Jobs Boom: Cheap Wages, Little Training, Crushed Limbs

i worked at an auto parts assembly plant and can vouch for this first hand
its keep your mouth shut or we will find someone else
Yes sir. I had several supervisors that were quick to tell us that if you rocked the boat at all, you'd get the boot and they'd have somebody else in your place before you got out of the parking lot.

Stupid ***** violated Lock Out-Tag out procedures and got hurt, imagine that. I have no sympathy as her actions could have hurt or killed other people. All because she was in a rush...
Fire her ass.

There's a reason the robot is kept in a cage and/or surrounded by guarding. Stay the **** out!

My guess at 20 years old she lacked training/supervision

This is a tragedy..

I can't, I worked for Kia for a couple of years. Every employee was given 2 locks, with their picture on it. There was a no tolerance policy there for LO/TO. I was a maintenance team member there, we were never asked to do anything unsafe.....although we tried from time to time.

KIA and the companies under Hyundai take the issues much more seriously than the third-party vendors. KIA is also in Georgia, and from my experience of working in both states Georgia takes OSHA more seriously than Alabama.

But I agree with you. This incident would have never happened at KIA or the other companies at the West Point facility. They won't tolerate it.

I've talked to some of her coworkers she went in to fix it and a Korean started it back up while she was inside. . . . . .knowing she was inside

I remember clearly when people were acting as if Jesus was returning when KIA was announced. "Thay gone pay $25.00 an hour for janitors!" I laughed every single time and said, "NO THEY WON'T!"

I'm referring to the girl that worked for Ajin.

OK, gotta derail for just a minute.....

Realstudent368 Realstudent368 are those your dogs in your avatar? I've got a Chihuahua and a Boxer and my Chihuahua likes to sit on my Boxers back when he's laying in the floor just like in that pic!

"Her mom still hasn’t heard a word from Ajin’s owners or senior executives. They sent a single artificial flower to her funeral."

Man, my family says I'm a "mean man"......A single artificial flower?

OK, gotta derail for just a minute.....

Realstudent368 Realstudent368 are those your dogs in your avatar? I've got a Chihuahua and a Boxer and my Chihuahua likes to sit on my Boxers back when he's laying in the floor just like in that pic!

Nope... but I do have a Chihuahua and he used to try and sit on our previous dog..

in the ford plant grandfather worked at was a machine that needed work, it was a high voltage area with a door on the front that opened shut off the power and a door on the back that did not. One day someone went into the back door instead and got electrified and had to be resuscitated with the end of his shoes fried.

follow proper procedure and accidents don't happen, machines do have safeties nowadays to prevent accidents

Back
Top Bottom