• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

INSTEAD OF PANICING...

Bump stocks are the Gun equivalent of synthetic legal drugs (think bath salts) that the DEA hasn't outlawed yet. Once bath salts were rescheduled, it did not lead to prohibition of whisky. Bunpstocks did not exist until a few years ago, and they do something categorically different than other firearms accessories. I'm skeptical that it's the slippery slope into disarmament you make it out to be. Bump stocks aren't on the same slope, they're more on a slope with oil filter silencer adapters.

To be clear, NRA never suggested that bumpstocks are destructive devices. They simply suggested that ATF do its job, like it should have in the first place (when first bumpstock was sent in for approval). Bump stocks and even Pistol braces are such absurd interpretations of the law, I don't see how one could defend their apparent legality with a straight face. (Not saying I support NFA, but come on, these are obviously workarounds that play on a Sophist's reading of the law).

I'm afraid uncompromising, unreasonable zealots ultimately pose a far greater threat to the long term viability of second amendment rights. Makes all gun owners look like nutbags and alienates the middle majority we so desperately need the support of.
FB_IMG_1507313975605.jpg

Anyone else enjoying the fact the the bump fire was approved during the OBAMA administration???

:pound:

Maybe they approved them knowing that eventually they would be used in a mass shooting opening the 2a up to this slippery slope we have found ourselves on.

I don't care about bump-stocks either, however, I hate the idea of the Dems feeling like they got a victory in the name of "gun control". Will banning them actually prevent any other bad things from happening, probably not. It's just an emotional response to feel like they "did something" instead of doing nothing. Sometimes doing nothing is the best and wisest especially when you're dealing with the devil.
EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO FIRE AUTO AR'S ,IF YOUR OF AGE JOIN THE MILITARY AND YOUR WISH WILL COME TRUE. YOU CAN ALSO PROVE TO YOURSELF WHAT A BADASS YOU ARE OR NOT!

EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO FIRE AUTO AR'S ,IF YOUR OF AGE JOIN THE MILITARY AND YOUR WISH WILL COME TRUE. YOU CAN ALSO PROVE TO YOURSELF WHAT A BADASS YOU ARE OR NOT!

You don't believe the 2nd amendment protects the rights of citizens to own the same standard issue rifle of the states Military? You should definitely read up on why our founders drafted the 2nd. It wasn't about shooting deer and rabbits.

I'm afraid uncompromising, unreasonable zealots ultimately pose a far greater threat to the long term viability of second amendment rights.
It's because of the recruitment, fund-raising and volunteer efforts of grass roots NRA members that fall into the category of "uncompromising, unreasonable zealots" that you have any ****ing gun rights at all. Paying your little $35 annual membership fee and reading a magazine on the toilet doesn't make you a 'reasonable advocate of gun rights.' It's the zealots who are pissed right now and the 'rational' gun nuts will be lucky to keep Paw Paw's thutty thutty after the dust settles on this one.

The ATF approved them because they in no way violate any federal law. If the NRA had a problem with that they should have said something 7 years ago, instead of being spineless hypocrites now.
That's the simple truth.

Been it, done it. Don't give two shytes about machine guns, bump fires or hellfire devices. Do care about encroachment and laws and over regulation.

Back
Top Bottom