• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Intake manifold gaskets

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
I devolved a coolant leak not too long back on my truck, recently started having a slightly rough start. This weekend my cousin and I took on the task of removing and cleaning the too end of the motor. Upon removal of the intake the gaskets were so shot when pulling them off they were just crumbling. Coolant channels were pretty dirtied up, fuel ports had alot of deposits. Also took off and replaced valve cover gaskets after a good clean, cleaned the nastiest throttle body I've ever seen, new air filter, installed a new water pump, thermostat, coolant hoses, and right side ball joints, and oil change. Spent way too much money at advance but all in all no leaks, no rough start up, better running, and more power. All together for everything it took a total of 26 hours, a case of brake cleaner, and 2 cans of throttle body cleaner and about $250 in parts and supplies. Still wat cheaper than paying a repair shop to do it.
20180330_153133.jpg
IMG_6261.jpg
IMG_6263.jpg
IMG_6265.jpg
IMG_6266.jpg
20180330_213639.jpg

I had issues with my daughters car. I removed the throttle body and bought a ultra sonic cleaner at harbor freight for 80 before coupons.

It is supposed to be good for cleaning guns too.

I had issues with my daughters car. I removed the throttle body and bought a ultra sonic cleaner at harbor freight for 80 before coupons.

It is supposed to be good for cleaning guns too.
they are, but my ultra sonic cleaner is strictly for guns a brass. I used a parts wash and brake cleaner for everything except the throttle body and just used a couple cans of throttle body cleaner.

if you put a valve cover breather on and plug the port the butterfly valve
wont get all gunked up and you should get a little better mpg. next time
just use plain old gas to clean your parts and then hit it with aerosal
at the last second...it will save you some $$$

Back
Top Bottom