• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interest in Straight Razor & Wet Shaving Clinic (or table)??

So, definitely not enough interest to reserve a room, but there is some interest. I'm planning to bring some shave ready razors and hopefully some linen strops. I'll eventually post some pics in case anyone wants me to save something for them since I will likely have them listed for sale on a razor forum as well.

My dad had a couple of straight razors that he shaved with. I wish I knew what happened to them he brought them from Sicily when he moved here in 1947.
I don't think I have any Italian razors. Maybe one or two French razors.
Too bad they got lost. That is pretty cool that he brought them here from Sicily.

I had an old double edge razor I got from my grandfather. Worked like a champ for years but broke several years back. I bought a replacement and it works okay. I should get a nice one. I always order Feather razor blades and they are seriously sharp.

Best shave I ever had was done by a barber with a straight razor in Sicily, I feared for my life. True story except fearing for my life. Pretty cool it was the same barber my dad used 40 years prior and his son followed in his footsteps.

My Grandpa came here from Cosenza, Calabria Italy @ 18 yrs. old. Daddy had a strop that hung on a hook behind the bathroom door. If you did something bad or wrong you had to go & get it for him. You know the rest...My Pa never lied, stole anything, & the worst word I ever heard out of his mouth was "damn" one time. He's with Jesus now. Sure miss him, looking forward to being up there too...

My Grandpa came here from Cosenza, Calabria Italy @ 18 yrs. old. Daddy had a strop that hung on a hook behind the bathroom door. If you did something bad or wrong you had to go & get it for him. You know the rest...My Pa never lied, stole anything, & the worst word I ever heard out of his mouth was "damn" one time. He's with Jesus now. Sure miss him, looking forward to being up there too...

My family is in Giarrie, Catania Sicily. I have more family there than in the states.

Back
Top Bottom