• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting find

Medic1957

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   1
Reaction score
I found this while browsing through boxes of material that came in as scrap at my son in laws family business in Smyrna.
20170222_080324.jpg

My grandfather was a Bataan Death March Survivor, then went to Cabantuan Prison. After that he survived the Hell Ships that transported prisoners across the Pacific. Packed in so tight they had to stand/lean until enough people died they could lay down. Worked in Fujiita in a coal mine for the remainder of the war. Horrendous treatment of all those men and women.
There is a book called "Death March: Survivors of Bataan and Corregidor" written by Donald Knox. It is available in softback and he went to the reunions back when they had them and got the stories first hand. Excellent read.

And I get twisted to think the Japanese-American internees were compensated and we can't even get an apology from Japan much less reparations.

My grandfather was a Bataan Death March Survivor, then went to Cabantuan Prison. After that he survived the Hell Ships that transported prisoners across the Pacific. Packed in so tight they had to stand/lean until enough people died they could lay down. Worked in Fujiita in a coal mine for the remainder of the war. Horrendous treatment of all those men and women.
There is a book called "Death March: Survivors of Bataan and Corregidor" written by Donald Knox. It is available in softback and he went to the reunions back when they had them and got the stories first hand. Excellent read.

And I get twisted to think the Japanese-American internees were compensated and we can't even get an apology from Japan much less reparations.

WOW!

ALL, the Japanese are WAR CRIMINAL' s, then they want a APOLOGY for us NUKING there Asses!!! But, they won't APOLOGIZE for the Pearl Harbor attack!!!

Very Cool item!
My uncle crossed the "Bridge of No Return" (twice) in Korea. Very few crossed it twice.
He could tell you how long (in years, months, weeks, days, hours & minutes) he was in captivity.
Even in the later stages of Alzheimer's, he remembered how long.
He NEVER would talk about the atrocities he underwent, but instead talked about the friends he lost "over there".

ALL, the Japanese are WAR CRIMINAL' s, then they want a APOLOGY for us NUKING there Asses!!! But, they won't APOLOGIZE for the Pearl Harbor attack!!!
I know I'll be called a racist for this but if we'd had 20 atom bombs in 1945 and I was president? Instead of two, I'd have used all of them on the island of Nippon. Every last one.

Incredible will to survive!

Back
Top Bottom