• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting find

I know I'll be called a racist for this but if we'd had 20 atom bombs in 1945 and I was president? Instead of two, I'd have used all of them on the island of Nippon. Every last one.
We did. We had three of them. One for the test and the other two were dropped. There weren't any left.

My grandfather served in the Pacific also. From Mindinao and Leyte to the occupation of Japan. We should tell these stories of men and boys who sacrificed so much that their contributions will not be forgotten. He was always humble and said he was just a cook. Recently a retired 4 star General was talking with my father at the Legion and they were discussing my grandfathers service. My dad explained that we really didn't know much about his exact service because he never elaborated and always downplayed his role. My dad explained that he had tried to get a copy of the service records after he passed and was told that a fire in the records building had destroyed any specific record there. The General took it upon himself to make some calls and a few weeks later (6 months ago) my father received a package which not only gave us his service record but included 9 medals awarded for his actions while serving. Yes, they really were heroes and they should be saluted! Thanks pawpaw, I miss you.

My wife's grandpa kicked some German ass and picked up some souvenirs while in country
0303172137a[717].jpg

Back
Top Bottom