• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interior Heat/Sound Insulation

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Im about to insulate the interior of my old ford before reinstalling carpet, seats etc. In previous builds, Ive just used the matted heat insulation which helped a lot. On this build, Im thinking about using the 80 mil Noico as a base layer and then add the heat insulation over it. Is that a sound idea?:drum: The other plan of attack was to layer the underside of the trans tunnel and floor pans with heat insulation thats rated for exterior and then just use the sound deadning insulation on the interior. The two products Im looking at...

Noico 80 mil 36 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LPQuCbP1EY5RR

Car Insulation - 4' x 17' Roll (68 Sqft) Sound Deadener & Heat Barrier Mat - Automotive Lightweight Thermal Insulation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QUSF36/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pXQuCbBBK7X6P

I had a buddy of mine that bought a 4 runner that had shingles glued down a couple of layers thick. Kinda red neck engineering but it worked well. Although I'm not recommending it just throwing it out there.

The roofing material stiff at Lowe’s or HD is asphalt based and in August you’ll be wishing you hadn’t used it

It stinks up the whole car permanently

I used Fat Mat
It works great in an old Chevy pickup

Buy more then you think you need

The roofing material stiff at Lowe’s or HD is asphalt based and in August you’ll be wishing you hadn’t used it

It stinks up the whole car permanently

I used Fat Mat
It works great in an old Chevy pickup

Buy more then you think you need
I did see later on that someone said its got bubble wrap type stuff in the middle. The stuff I ordered from Amazon is a closed cell foam insulation. Im going to swing by Lowes and look at their stuff but if its the bubble wrap stuff then I'll just use what I'm getting from Amazon since I'll be stepping on it.

Back
Top Bottom